I had the best day with my girls today. We went and did stuff (going to Target, and some other stores) that we use to always do, but haven't been able to (because of busy schedules ) for a long time. It really was the best day!
We first went to Target and looked at toys. We actually went down every isle and found the tester toys that have buttons on them and had the girls push all of those buttons. It kept them happy and entertained, and it kept me happy because they were more willing to stay in the cart doing it this way, which made for an easier getaway when we needed to leave!
After that we went to lunch. We went to noodles and company and the girls were so well behaved. I was super proud of them. They both just sat in their spots and ate their lunch with no fuss. Gracey even stayed put and didn't get up and down and into things like she usually does. It was a proud mommy moment.
Speaking of moments, we had the best moment of the day happen during lunch. We (Audrey, Gracey and I) were just sitting their eating our lunch and then Audrey just starts having a conversation with me. It was such a genuine question she asked me. She asked, "Is it Micah's mom that cuts your hair?" I then said "Yes, good job remembering that." Then she just kept having a conversation with me back and forth. It was the most genuine conversation! It really was by far the best moment of the day. I can't even describe to you how much I love that little girl. She is getting and acting more and more grown up each and every day.
Another thing about Audrey is she loves when we talk to her about stuff that is going on. She loves to be in the loop with things. I will just ask her opinion on something, or tell her what I was thinking about what we should do for the day and ask for her opinion....and she LOVES it! Seriously, that is when she really truly is listening to me the most is when we are having those kinds of conversations. I love that about her and our relationship!!
And no I am not the perfect mom in case any of you are wondering. We have our struggles too. When Audrey's cousins were here the other day, I went to give her a hug and a kiss and she pushed me away. It was a sad moment because number one, I didn't know "that," started that early, and it made me wonder what I am doing wrong with our relationship.....but it did make me think about what I need to fix about our relationship because I don't ever want her to feel embarrased when she is around me. I want her to be able to come to me when she needs to talk so that we can solve the problems together. Anyways, I didn't take it too hard. I do realize that she is only 4 and probably was just having a moment that day. I do still love her so much and have to remember the best moment we had today! It makes everything seem better already!!
I love these two little beauties of mine!!!
Friday, July 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love those type of conversations. That's when I feel like I bond the most with my kids too. You are a great mom!
What a great girl's day! And they really are such good girls!! I think they really look up to you and want to be just like you!
Post a Comment