She is soooo great at gymnastics too. I swear she was born to do this. And she learns super fast. She seriously AMAZES me at how good she is. Every time she does a new trick I literally get sooooo excited for her, which makes her even more confident about what she can do!! I am amazed (after two weeks) at what she has learned. She can do the bend laying down and then pushing herself up. She literally could not do this the day before she learned it. But then her teachers taught it to her and she is a champ at it now.
So far she has learned:
~How to do a new summersalt with legs spread apart and hands in front of her
~How to do the back bend where she pushes herself up.
~She is practicing on how to do the regular back bends too. She is getting much better at it....with help of course.
~She is learning how to do the handstand with both legs straight together. The more she practices it, the better she is getting.
~She just learned on monday how to do a one handed cartwheel! Can you believe that?! I didn't know she learned that one in class until she practiced it at home. I was seriously soooooooo impressed and so proud of her. She is so amazing.
~She did learn today on her own that if she runs while doing a cartwheel almost 90 percent of the time she lands straight on her feet.
Oh I was going to say that last week she had the hardest time landing on her feet doing a cartwheel, and she wouldn't really extend her legs while doing it. So I saw that they were practicing the cartwheels in gynmastics last Wednesday and she was struggling a little bit with it and so I had her come home and practice her cartwheels standing up and she is soooooooo much better at it. Obviously, if she can do a one handed one now. But she will practice and practice and practice until she gets it down. She loves to practice doing her tricks. She never fights me on it when I tell her she needs to practice. It is probably her favorite time of the day.
But don't you all worry, she does still have a life. She doesn't just do gymnastics all day every day. She still plays outside, plays with toys, wants to do crafts, and just still does what she usually does too.
In conclusion....I am soooo glad we decided to put her in this class. I think it will help her self-confidence and self-esteem in the future. I am just so gosh darn proud of her!!!!!!!
Just before her first day of Gymnastics! Even Gracey loves to do her "tricks."
Oh, and look at her cute little stick figure doing a cartwheel! She decided to draw that because that is what her main focus during practice was for that day. Hahaha! She makes me laugh!




2 comments:
i have been debating whether or not to keep paislee in dance or move her to gymnastics... i think your post just convinced me to put her in gymnastics!!!! it sounds like audrey is having a great time, and she reminds me so much of paislee that i'm sure paislee would love it to. that first picture of her back bend thing is amazing! how fun for her!
I really want to put my little guy in gymnastics, he loves to do cartwheels and such. It is so fun to see your kids learn!
Post a Comment