I have tried to stay away from looking at his blog that we set up to keep track of his progess while he was still here with us. I haven't looked at it for a very long time because it brings back all of the sad memories. I reluctantly decided to read through it tonight and it just reminded me what a true miracle it was that, after his accidental overdose he survived when he shouldn't have. When we talked to the doctors that first aweful night he was in the ER, and before we found out he did have brain activity, they said that they have only had one or two pull through out of a ton of cases like Tyler's. There was a reason he was still with us for a couple more months after the initial overdose night. I am forever grateful for those two months we had to spend with him before he died. Most people don't get that extra time.
It's definitely not easy losing a loved one. It's the hardest thing I have had to face in my life. Growing up I always thought we would all grow old together. Hopefully that dream of growing old will stay true with all of my other brother's and sisters. I love them all so much. They each bring so much to our family. Our family would not be the same if any of them were missing. I love them all so much!
I miss Tyler and always will. I know that he is looking after all of us and is our guardian angel.
This was Tyler about a year or so before he died.
This picture was taken at the care center a few weeks or so after his overdose.

Peace out!
Tyler LOVED little kids and loved Audrey so much.






1 comment:
I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose a brother! Those pictures are precious!
Post a Comment