Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Did you think to pray?

I certainly did not. So one of my new years resolutions is to pray with the girls every morning. Well because I am not in the habit of it yet I sometimes forget to do it. That's okay though because the girls are here to remind me! It happened both yesterday and today when both of the girls reminded me. I will start with yesterday when Gracey was telling us we needed to have prayer.

So I really can't remember what I was doing yesterday when Gracey told us we needed to pray. I think I was watching the daily dish or something. Well Gracey then comes up to me and says "Mom," to get my attention and she then went to the couch and slapped it (wanting me to go over there) and then she folded her arms and was getting on her knees. She reminded me that we needed to say our prayers. Is that not so sweet?! Man I can't even tell you how much I LOVE her!!! She seriously LOVES that time of morning and will stop everything she does to be a part of it.


Then today after I got showered and was getting my makeup on and hair done, Audrey comes in the bathroom, franticly, and says "Mom! we forgot to pray." So Gracey had just woken up by this point and so we went to grab her and we then went to the couch and as I was kneeling down I realized Audrey had paused her show so that we could have prayer. I LOVE my girls! They definitely keep me on the right track!

2 comments:

.Chrissy said...

oh what good girls!!! I love this!!!

Amanda and Chad said...

lisa, i just have to say thank you for your sweet comment on my blog the other day! but, really, i think the exact same thing about you and how great of a mom that you are! i can relate to so much of what you blog about and i just love all your stories about audrey because they remind me so much of paislee and i'm glad that i can relate :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones