Thursday, May 19, 2011
Future
When I met Brandon, we agreed that I would go back to school when he is finished. Well the time has come and am not so sure what I want to do. I have a couple of ideas of things I really think I would enjoy doing and have been interested in doing for a very long time.
1. I really think I would love being a sonographer (Ultrasound Tech.)
2. Nail Tech/ Cosmetology
There really are so many pro's and con's to each and I really have no idea what to do. I know that these two things aren't anywhere close to a 2 and 4 year degree. But it's just something I think I would enjoy doing in the long run.
There are other careers I have thought about, but the cons out weighed the pros for those ones.
I don't know, I just feel like I need to do more. I know being a Mother is a lot and that is definitely my number one prioirity, but I just feel useless for not having a degree. I know it's ridiculous, but I just need to do this for me I think. To make me feel better about myself and to feel like I am contributing somehow and to feel smart again. And I would feel much better having a degree of some kind just in case something happened to Brandon. Not saying it will, but it makes me feel so much more prepared just in case.
I also don't want to get a degree to just get a degree. I obviously want to get a degree in something that will land me a job too and be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Amen sister.
I think there are lots of people who go to college just because , and choose expensive careers and honestly useless degrees.
I think its best to get a degree to be a janitor and actually do it , and do it because you love it. :)
I think you would be good at both , since im more into cosmetics and stuff. Id probably choose that! plus you always have cute makeup, and style! :)
Lisa,
I have felt that about myself a lot lately. I have my Bachelor's in secondary education and I am so glad I did it. I would love to use my degree again someday but now isn't the right time for me. But I still have the feeling that i need to contribute. I also feel like I need to do something for me. Sometimes I feel like I focus so much on the kids and everyday life that I let myself go and don't do anything enriching for myself. Good luck deciding what you want to do! And you would be great at either. I would definitely trust you with my makeup, nails, and hair!
Grrr. This is Kara!
There are a lot of women that feel the same way...I being one of them. You'll do great at whatever you choose. It's so much easier to focus on something in schooling when you have your whole heart into it. Life is short don't be afraid to do everything you possibly can and don't be afraid of it.
i think it is important to feel self worth, like you are accomplishing something. sometimes being a stay at home mom we feel like glorified babysitters, and the men do all the work. I also know of many women who have gotten a divorce or something happened to their husband and they had nothing to fall back on. If you atleast have something you love doing, that will give you a foundation. I love what I do, but don't think in anyway that it would be something that could support my family. heck it can barely support a car payment and such. You don't want some maindain job, you want something that you have had schooling for and something that defines you. I think you would be good at either, but remember that with the nails and hair, you will have to deal with clients, the other, patients. there really is a big difference. clients can be picky. but overall they are fine. you need to pray about it and go with whatever suits your fancy. :)
I've recently started going back to school and I love it.
I chose something that I would enjoy even though it may or may not make me money.
I'm super excited to be doing this and not what I was doing before!
Post a Comment