Sunday, May 22, 2011

First 5K

I ran my very first 5K Saturday at Thanksgiving point gardens for a program called the "Angel watch program." It's a really great program to help families who have lost their babies at childbirth. We did it for some friends of ours who lost their little baby. I also ran it with my sisters. The run actually wasn't too bad and I did a lot better than I thought I would, considering I haven't gone to the gym in 3 weeks and then like a couple of months before that. So really, I thought I would only be able to run one mile but I ended up running all three. I was pretty happy with my self. I stayed at a slow steady jog most of the way. I ran it in 38 minutes. Not bad for my first one and for not being fully trained. I want to run another one now and get a better time. But it was something I am proud I accomplished! I teared up when I saw my time because it was better than my goal time! It made me so happy. Oh and I don't think I would have done that good without music!! I told Brandon he didn't have to meet me at the finish line because it would have been too cold for the girls, especially because they have been sick. So, instead when I came home Brandon surprised me with a "congratulations," sign and other signs that he made and put around the house. It was so thoughtful of him and made me so happy! Here are some pictures: Brandon being the engineer/math genious that he is, put up all of these different signs that related to 5K. I loved it!

Audrey's cute pictures she drew for me.

2 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

Congrats! That is amazing! And awesome you beat your goal time. Go you! The signs are so sweet!

Amanda and Chad said...

what an awesome accomplishment!!! i think that is so cool! and how sweet of brandon to make those signs- that is so thoughtful!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones