Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sickness/Update/Advice/Talks

Sweet little Gracey has been sick. She just started getting the symptoms today and she is miserable. She has that watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, can't breathe, cold. Poor little thing has a hard time sleeping too. Audrey was sick last week with an infection called Herpangina, an infection of the throat. It was so miserable for her but at least she is finally all better from that. On a more upbeat note, Gracey has been practicing getting up on her hands and knees. She can't do it all the way yet, but she sure is trying. She will figure it out in no time. Also, I need advice. There are two reasons Gracey wakes up in the middle of the night, one, she scoots to the top of her bed and corners herself and can't move anymore. Two, she ALWAYS rolls herself over to her back. If you know Gracey she cannot sleep on her back, so as soon as she rolls over she immediately wakes up. She does know how to roll over from her back to her stomach but I can't figure out why she won't do that while she is in her bed. It might be harder, but I don't know. I do have blankets in there to try to keep her so she won't roll over but I don't want to do too many because she moves a lot and I worry she would get herself in a bind with the blankets and suffocate herself. I do believe I am a worry wort! haha. So, if you have any suggestions they would be much appreciated! On another not so upbeat note, we have to speak in church in a couple of weeks. I really really really really really....I mean really do not like getting up in front of people and teaching/speaking. Neither does Brandon. But, we knew it had to happen eventually I guess. I get way too nervous. I hope they have another couple or somebody to speak with us because Brandon and I tend to not take up the time we are allotted. Not on purpose, well, maybe, so that they won't ask us to speak again. lol!!!! I can expound when I am say...... writing in a journal or the blog, but when it comes to giving a lesson or talking, I just can't. I am not really a big talker and I don't explain things very well and it ends up not making any sense to those who have to listen to me. :) Brandon likes to get to the point and be done. I just can't wait until it is overwith and we can be done. We just need to stop moving so that we don't have to speak in church all the time! haha!

4 comments:

The Ingleby Family said...

I am sorry Gracey is sick....:( I have a device that I think would work to help her not roll over in her crib. I will try to find it and bring it your way.
I can't wait to hear you speak in Church. When will that be? I am SO like you. I hate to get up and speak. I have to teach RS once a month and that is SO hard for me.

I will be prayin for ya!
Love ya,
Andrea

Lisa Robbins said...

Hi Andrea,
We are supposed to be speaking on the 28th. So, we will see how it goes! :)

Debbie Murdock said...

Not moving won't keep you safe either...Matt is on his fourth tour of duty(speaking in church) and we've only been here for 3 years.

Don't really have any advice for the scooting thing...that's a toughy. Macey and Mason do the same thing. The only thing that works for Mason is I swaddle him up tight. He can't move then in any direction because he's a burrito. For Macey we would put a small blankie on the top side so if she did scoot into the side her head wouldn't be up against the hard side. Good luck figuring things out!

Alicia said...

Maybe no blankets and just a blanket sleeper then she wouldn't be stuck, I'm not sure it would work but worth a try.
I don't wear my "far" glasses, so I don't really see faces. Maybe you could wear some and then you won't see faces. lol. That helps me. Also, I don't think that there is any point to dragging a topic out. If you present it in a clear and direct way, that is all you need to do.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones