Sunday, March 1, 2009
Day 22-24
Here are a couple of pictures of Tyler and Audrey. I haven't heard a lot of updates on Tyler the past couple of days. They do a sacrament meeting where he is at, so my parents went up there with him today to go to sacrament. Tyler was really involved in it as well. So, that's good. This is definitely a good start to get him back on the right track.
I had Tyler read Audrey a book the other day for two reasons. One, I really wanted him to read Audrey a story because she loves to be read to. And two, I wanted to see if he remembered how to read..and he did. I gave him that book and he immediately started reading it out loud. I was following him to make sure he was saying the right things and he was right on. He really remembers so many things. More than we thought. Like we have been saying, it will just take time to get back into the groove of things again. But, he will get there.
Tyler has been wheeling himself around a lot more. He really is so determined to get places by himself. He loves Physical therapy because he wants to be able to do things on his own again. So, his determination is what is getting him through all of this as well as the support he is getting from family and good friends. He needs all the positive vibes we can give him.
He is still doing great. We are still truly grateful that he is here with us and we are willing to do whatever we can to help him so that he doesn't fall down that road again. We don't want to lose him again. This is our opportunity to help him through.
Tyler was excited to see her. He just loves little kids.
I tried to get a picture of Tyler and Audrey with Tyler holding her, but Audrey was such a momma's girl that day and didn't want anybody but me. So, the only way she would get a picture with him was if I was holding her. So, that is why I am in this picture too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Thanks for the update Lisa. Slowly but surely Tyler is coming back to your family. In such a short amount of time he has improved so much. Thanks for the pics and updates.
Tyler is looking sooooo good.I can really see a huge difference from last week! It is huge that he is determined, it will make all the difference in his outcome. I can tell he just adores Audrey. He gets more expression in his face each week too. I also love the haircut! He should get extra attention from the nurses now that they can see what a good looking young man he is ;-D
So we were finally able to go and see him on Saturday! I have such mixed feelings but it was SO good to see him! We didn't want to leave! I am so thankful that he is doing okay and the progress he has made...I loved his haircut too he looked so good! The drive wasn't too bad up there it took about 1 hr 45 min but it went by pretty fast. It was totally worth it though! We can't wait to see him again!
Lisa, I don't know what happened to your brother, but it is so inspiring to hear you talk about him the way you do and see him get better every week! I look at your blog almost every day and I think its great that he is working so hard! Your family is in my prayers and I truly hope your brother fully recovers!
The pic of Audrey looking up at Tyler is so precious!
Post a Comment