My internet has been down the past couple of days and I have been going CRAZY without it! I seriously didn't know what to do with myself. It was so hard for me not to blog and send updates. So, now that I am back, I will share some news from when we went to visit Tyler on Tuesday. So, bare with me.
Okay, so, Jamie and I went to visit Tyler on Tuesday and he looked soooo good. I can't even explain to you what difference two days makes. It was so amazing. When we got to the center, Tyler was just hanging out by the nurses desk and was putting a puzzle together. He was also drawing a picture too. I didn't see the picture and I am not sure how well it turned out because he has to learn to write and do all of that again. But, he did say that he drew a snowman and some presents. He was so cute about it.
The other night he was able to eat some fruit with a fork. He can do a lot of finger foods right now. He was able to mostly drink out of the drinking fountain. Because he doesn't have much upper body strength, it's hard for him to control where he is going when he bends down or does anything.
We went to get Tyler a hamburger that day because my sister in law Tricia was telling me about this burger joint in Roy and so I decided to try it out. Not only that but I figured Tyler might like a hamburger and fries. So, when I got back and we were eating lunch, Tyler loved the fries and fry sauce. He couldn't get them down fast enough. When he was eating them he did say, "mmmm good." It was quite funny.
He did so awesome during his speech therapy and physical therapy. The speech therapist had him do some excercises with cards. She had him separate the black and red cards in two separate piles. That was cake for him. She also had him put the cards in 4 piles according to the suit. So, she handed him one card at a time and he had to figure out which pile it went to and he didn't get any of them wrong. She then scattered the cards Ace through King and had him put them in order and he was able to find the Ace first, moved it up, then found the two, the three and so on..He would even say what number came next before he found the card. He was also able to tell the therapist which numbers were what. So, he really remembers so much and we know he can still read. Everything that he learned before this happened is still there, it's just a matter of re-learning all of it, if that makes sense.
He did really well in his physical therapy. Before they wanted him to stand up and start working on standing and walking a bit, he was pretty much out of his chair. He is so determined. It's amazing. So, they were practicing having him stand up straight with his knees bent. They had him do squats to work on bending those knees. They had Tyler in between two bars and they had him try to walk and he did..with some help of course. But, they decided to try having Tyler walk with the walker and they were having him practice spreading his feet apart when he walks and standing up straight. He walked with the walker like 4 or 5 times and he went like 10 feet each time. He had a hard time keeping his upper body straight up. He will get there. He just needs to work those muscles more and he will get there. The therapists just say that he improves a little bit each day. Just keep in mind that Tyler still can't stand on his own so the therapists have to hold him up, but he is the one doing all the walking. In fact, the therapists were done having him walk with the walker after 3 times I think it was, but Tyler was so determined to keep going.
So, he is doing so well. They gave him a haircut yesterday. I haven't been able to get pictures of that yet. But, I will post some when I do.

Me and Ty.

Isn't this such a good picture of these two?!

We are all so proud of him!!!
2 comments:
He looks so great! I cannot believe what a difference a few days makes! You can just see it in his face, the improvement is incredible! Thanks for the update!
Lisa, he looks so well! See I told you that the pics will come up when it's the right time. The Burger Barn in Roy area is so good that I'm sure he loved it. It was a good reward for him. Take care!
Post a Comment