Sunday, February 22, 2009

Rehab continued...

So, there aren't really a whole lot of updates right now. I went to see Tyler on Saturday and he is just so excited to see family and friends, especially being in a place that he isn't familiar with. But, the way Tyler shows excitement is not what you would think. Instead of jumping up for joy he will just cry. He's crying because he really is so happy to see us. At least that is what I want to believe. :) I am sure another reason he is crying, is because of the situation he is in. I am sure this is hard for him knowing that he can't do anything. Especially when he knows he can. But, yesterday was the first time I had seen him really cry. Needless to say, I cried too. I couldn't help it. It really is the saddest thing when he cries. As exciting as it is to see that they have Tyler sitting in a wheel chair now..it's still so hard to see him that way. We never would have thought that Tyler would end up in a care center. They have Tyler in that wheel chair all day, even when he needs to take a nap. The hardest part for us is to see him sitting in that hallway with the rest of the other patients, just sitting there. That is one of the reasons we want to visit him as much as possible, because we cant bear to see him that way. We seem to think that he thinks we are going to forget about him. Most of the people at the care center don't get visitors, and with how Tyler is reacting, we are sure he is afraid that is going to happen to him. I told him yesterday, as I am sure many of my family members have told him this as well, that we will always be there for him and that we will never forget about him. I know that Tyler has a long long road ahead of him and that he will keep progressing. We don't know how far he will progress and whether he will be the same any more. With how much he is progressing and how much he remembers things, we are really hoping that Tyler will come back and be the Tyler we all knew, even before he started doing drugs. We can't doubt the Lord. He knows better than any of us what is best for Tyler. I kind of wish we knew the whole grand scheme of things. But, I know we can't! We are all being tested right now. Maybe Tyler has to go through this to help us and other people out. I truly believe that is what it is. I think there is somebody out there who needs to learn from this. Anyways, I am posting some pictures and it was really hard for me to decide whether or not I wanted to post them. Please don't pass judgement when you see these pictures. This in a way, is a different Tyler than what you saw when he was in the hospital. You'll understand what I mean when you see them. Okay, sorry, I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but I don't know if I should post those pictures of Tyler. It's weird, every time I try to post it, it will not let me do it. This has never happened to me in all the times I have posted. Hmm....I am sure it is just the computer being weird. So, maybe I will have pictures soon...

6 comments:

Slater Blog said...

Don't ignore the feelings you are having about the pictures. There must be some reason why you can't post them. I will put some on mine, but like I said before - my blog is private so I know who is looking at them.

Alison said...

You are such a great sister. Tyler is very blessed to have your love and support. I wish him the best in his rehab. I watched my aunt's friend have to relearn everything too after she had a sledding accident and was paralyzed. She'd gotten to where she could feed herself, but the last few years it's been a lot more difficult for her and someone else ends up feeding her. But she can drive her wheelchair alone.
Keep the faith!

Larry and Ashley said...

I can't wait to go and see him. I hope he knows that we have NOT forgot about him! It has been very hard for us to not come and see him everyday like we used to...hopefully that will change. But until we know for sure we will go and see him this weekend. We can't wait

Lisa Robbins said...

Ashley- I will let Tyler know tomorrow that you guys have not forgotten about him. So far we don't know about him being transferred. I will let you know when we do find out. It was good to have you guys there last night!!

Karen said...

Lisa, I believe everything happens for a reason. I think those pictures were not meant to be posted on your blog. The ones on Jamie's blog, Tyler looked better than he did in the hospital. Everyone is over protective of their family and it's ok to be. Keep those pictures in your private stash to show Tyler's progress and there will be more pictures to come that you'll be able to post. Just understand that we must all be patient so that Tyler can heal on his own time. He not only needs to mend physically but also mentally and that's a humungous job right now.
Besides aren't you and Jamie working on that delicious hamburger for him. =)

Debbie Murdock said...

I live by everything happens for a purpose. Sometimes it's harder to see at the time but once you look back you know why we have to go through particular trials in our life. I pray that your brother will continue to improve. He is so fortunate to have a sister who loves him so much. Be sure to remember to take good care of yourself too.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones