Sunday, September 14, 2008
Mourning....
I just wanted to take this time to say how thankful I am that families can be together forever. We have had A LOT of crazy/sad things happening in my family lately and it just made me feel better knowing that "FAMILIES ARE TOGETHER FOREVER!!!!!!" We have had a lot of issues with my brothers (Whom I love very very much), and then my Grandma passed away peacefully on September 13th. I would like to share the experience we had before my Grandma passed.
On Saturday the 13th my Aunt called my Mom and said my Grandma had made a turn for the worst and that we probably should all say our goodbyes because they didn't think she would last through the weekend or even that night. So, I had a busy day yesterday getting Chrissy's bridal shower all put together, having the shower, going with her to get her bridals done, and than finally around 8:00 was able to make it to my Grandma's hoping she would hold out until we got there. We got to my Aunt's house (where my Grandma had been staying since my Grandpa died in April) and we walked in there thinking that we would be able to have a conversation with her, but that was impossible. I walked in and saw her laying on that bed and it was not her. It was not Grandma. Like my sister was saying, it was as if her spirit was gone but her body was still alive. It was as if she knew that we (Brandon and Audrey too) and one more Aunt that came just after we did, wanted to say our goodbye's before she left us. So, when we got there, my cousin told my Grandma I was there and she let go of my cousins hand so that I could hold it. My Grandma couldn't talk or do anything. Then, I was telling her how much I loved her, getting teary eyed, and told her to go see Grandpa. Just then, the most amazing thing happened. I decided that maybe Audrey wanted to see Grandma and say her goodbye's. Well.. Audrey looked down at Grandma and just smiled at her. Audrey hadn't been in a smiley mood, but when she saw Grandma she was happy. Just as soon as Audrey smiled, my Grandma smiled back. MY... Grandma.. smiled back....she had not smiled all day long until the moment that Audrey smiled at her. It was such a sweet moment for all of us. Not long after that, Audrey wanted to touch Grandma's face, but instead of touching it I let her give Grandma a kiss goodbye. I then started telling Grandma about the new things Audrey has been doing, and after I told her she made a little noise as if she was trying to have the conversation with me. Granted, I couldn't understand what she was saying, but I knew she was listening to me, and was so happy to hear about Audrey, and then she started crying. I know she was crying because she was happy. I really do. (This is really hard for me to write this without crying.) Gradually her breathing became more and more shallow, so my Aunt put our hands (There were just a few of us there) on my Grandma's hand and my cousin started singing "I am a child of God." Not long after she started, I started to sing with her and so did everybody else. It was thee most amazing experience. The spirit was sooo strong. I don't do it justice by explaining it. If only you could feel and imagine the emotions that I felt, then you could understand. I knew that Grandma was comfortable and, singing that song was a peaceful goodbye song. Not long after we sang that song, her breathing became even more shallow than before and my Aunt just whispered in her ear that she will see them again (Which is huge for her to say that because she is not an active member of the church) and to hear that come from my Aunt, just brought me joy. And then.......Grandma was gone.........:( This all happened 15 minutes after Brandon and I got there to see Grandma. I know she knew we wanted to see her. Everybody else in the family had already seen her, all of the Aunts, Uncles, cousins, grandkids, great grandkids, Everybody. It was sad, but I know she is happier where she is at. I Know.... that I will see her again, and this is not the end. I can't imagine anything more exciting than seeing your husband(who had passed on before you) again and being in a much better place. It is so comforting to know that when loved ones die, it is not the end. That is why I am so grateful for the plan of life and salvation! It brings so much joy to my life.
It saddens me to know that my Brother can't be here for this. I love him so much, and it hurts to see him and them fall away. It hurts to see that he is not happy. If I love him and the rest of my brothers as much as I do, I can't imagine how much Heavenly Father loves them and how much it hurts him to see his children fall away. Heavenly Father has more love and compassion than any of us can offer. He loves us no matter what we do, he will ALWAYS love us. He wants each and every one of us to be happy and return back to him and that is why he gave us this plan and the reason he gave us Jesus Christ to come down and suffer for our sins so that we can repent of our sins and live with him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
This was so good Lisa. Totally made me tear up. I could feel the spirit of the whole experience just by reading your words. Bless you and the fam!
Wow Lisa! This was such a special experience for you. It makes me tear up every time I hear it. Thank you for writing this. It is probably something that should be shared at the funeral sometime.
Lisa... thank you for sharing your experience with Grandma. I love you.
Ally
Lisa,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This is an amazing experience. I am crying just reading it. It is amazing how the spirit speaks to us. I am glad you shared this.
That is one of the most touching experiences I have ever read about. I am so grateful that you shared it. Your words are a strength to me and I am sure many others. I am so glad you were able to have those last few minutes with your Grandma!
Love ya!!
Tricia
this is a moment that you will always cherish. we all loved grandma, she was a wonderful caring woman. You need to write it down somewhere in case your computer crashes or blogs are no longer. I love you!
Post a Comment