My sweet little Gracey,
You are 19 months old! So crazy. You are growing up way too fast. I cannot even explain to you how much I love you. You make me smile so many hours of everyday. You are at that fun cute, innocent stage right now and I am enjoying every minute of it. I know it won't last long with the terrible toddler phase that is headed your way. I just can't imagine you going through those tough toddler years. You are just too sweet to be going through that.
Here are some fun quirks that I love about you. I am so going to miss these times:
Haha...you LOVE tummy tickles. I mean LOVE you some tummy tickles. You will just randomly come over to me with your shirt pulled up and say "uh, uh," meaning you want me to give you tickles. It's actually so funny that you do that. You definitely LOVE to be pampered...always have!
If you want something you will come over to us and point and try to get us to come with you so that you can show us what you want.
Haha...so when you know we are so proud of you for something you accomplished, you will do this thing where you squint one eye and act like you are not proud but you really are. I don't know how to explain it, but I think it's the cutest thing.
You are very bashful. It's so cute because whenever anybody comes and talks to you, you will immediately put your head down and tilt it like you are being all bashful. It's actually really so cute!
Even though you can be quiet you can definitely still hold your own! Your aunt Anne was saying that you have a strong quiet personality, and it's so true. I love that she described it that way.
Oh man...your run is the best!!! I don't know if there has been a time that your run has not made me smile. I can't get over it! I will tell you to hurry and go get something just so that I can see your cute little run. Sometimes when you run you will swing one arm around your whole body. Ahhh...I seriously can't get over how much I love you, there are no words! You are at that super fun stage right now and I am loving every minute of it!!!
It's amazing to me how much you can understand what we are saying. We will ask you to go do something and you will do it. You are starting to say a lot more things now. You actually have been trying to attempt saying more things. If I ask you to say something you will usually try to say it right back to me.
Here are some of the things you can say:
Tunk ou- Thank you
Ease- Please
Ess- Yes
Buby- Baby
Udee- Audrey
Daddy
Mommy
No no no no
Guck- Drink
Uck-Stuck- She even says it like the kid on the Christmas Story when his tongue is stuck on the pole! Lol!
Qak qak- Quack quack
Duck- She LOVES playing "duck duck goose." I taught her to put her hand on our heads and say duck, and she does that!
eyes
Ball
bubie- Barbie
Papa
Mama
Kuku- Meaning gross.
Doggie as well as the sound for a doggie
up- this not only means what it sounds like, but you say up for "wipe."
You love to be part of the group. You love doing what everybody else is doing and you think you are big like everyone else.
You went to nursery for the first time last Sunday and did great until the last 10 minutes when you started to cry a little. The leaders were asking you if you were tired and you shook your head "yes." Then they asked if it was your naptime and you shook your head "yes," again. I am worried about next week though. You might remember that I left you there last week. I am hoping you will do fine.
Gracey, if you get in trouble, I kindly tell you to go to your room and calm down in timeout, and you will. When you are done you almost always come over to me to wait for me to give you a lecture! Haha! In fact there was a time that I forgot you were in there and got distracted doing something else and you were trying to get my attention so that I could give you a little lecture. I don't really enforce the whole timeout thing a lot just yet. You just need to go calm down in your room sometimes (Lasts about 20 seconds, if that) but then you are much better after you do that.
You are really loving books a lot these days. I love that you will just come over with a book that you picked out and that you want to come sit with me to have me read those books to you. It's some of the best bonding time we have!
Every time that famous whoville grinch song came on where the who's are standing in a circle singing that song (Sorry, I am not sure the name of the song). Anyways, everytime that song came on, you and Audrey would both stop what you were doing and made sure that we all held hands and danced to that song. It got to the point that you and Audrey didn't even think twice about it when that song came on. It became a normal thing for us to do that. Those are my favorite memories with you and Audrey, during this Christmas season! It's going to be hard to top it that off!
You really love playing with your sister these days and that goes both ways too! You do have your moments where you guys do that sibling fighting thing, but I just still love both of you girls so much!
Oh haha...I just remembered another funny thing you are doing. Audrey just learned how to skip and so she has been doing it a lot lately and has been encouraging you to learn how to do it too. Well, you now skip....Gracey style! You pretty much try to run and limp at the same time, which turns into a Gracey style skip. I need to get it on video. It's so funny!
I am sitting here just thinking about you and Audrey and I just can't stop smiling!
Friday, January 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment