Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Big "30"

Brandon turned 30 today!! A few months ago I asked him how he felt about turning 30 and he was kind of indifferent but did say that he wasn't too happy about it. Ever since then I have been thinking of ways that I can make his "30th," birthday awesome! I have seen all over pinterest different ways you can decorate for a 30th birthday party. There are a ton of cute ideas but none of them really fit to how I wanted Brandon's 30th to be celebrated. I of course wanted to go all out on his 30th too, but he didn't want me to. But I was able to sneak a few decorations in today. One of which I came up with all by myself. I have seen a lot of people using succors and saying "30 sucks," which is a really cute idea. But I wanted to make it more positive. So I came up with the idea of buying pop rocks and making that into a bouquet that says "30 rocks." I love how it turned out! We are keeping it low key around here today per Brandon's request. So I decided that I would make it a special day for him. I made him some breakfast, made him his all time favorite "Pineapple upside down cake," and am making him roast and potatoes for dinner tonight! Should be a good day!

Oh I have to give a major shout out to Audrey. We bought him a movie for his birthday and she kept it a secret until today! Not only that but the other day when we were putting bouquet basket together and getting everything ready to decorate for his birthday she kept it a secret from him that whole time. Brandon even tried to get her to tell him, but she told him that she can't tell him because it's a secret!!! She is amazing at keeping secrets!!

Brandon, I really hope you have had such a great day. We love you so much and thank you for everything that you are and everything that you do for me and our family! You are the best husband and Daddy that ever existed!




1 comment:

Debbie Murdock said...

Love the pop rock bouquet idea! Just wait til you start heading the direction of 40 and see how ya feel then.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones