Brandon's Grandpa passed away yesterday. I call him "My," Grandpa too because he really was the best Grandpa ever and he definitely made me feel like I was his granddaughter. I wish all of you could have met or known him. It makes me really sad that he passed because I just never thought he would ever go. I am really going to miss his presence, his advice, his stories, his laugh and just everything about him. But...I am also so happy for him because he is now with his wife! He has missed her so much and wanted to see her again....and now he can! I just keep thinking how happy he must have been when he passed and to see Grandma waiting there for him. That's what makes me cry the most.
Ever since we got married, Brandon and I have visited him each week and had dinner with him and played games with him after we would eat. Those are some of the best memories. We kept that tradition going until just last week when we had our "Friday night dinner at Grandpas," with him. Brandon's family joined us a few years back and came to Grandpa's once a week. It's been a fun tradition we have had and I will really miss going over to his house and talking with him. Grandpa was such a great cook too! He would make us dinner each week and when his family joined in on the fun, he made dinner for all of us, until this past year. When I told Audrey yesterday that Great Grandpa died, she was really sad and put two and two together and told me "That means we can't go to his house anymore," and started crying. It broke my heart. Audrey LOVED going over to Grandpa's for dinner. LOVED it. She really did love Grandpa so much and would always give him loves and kisses when she said hi and goodbye to him.
Even though it's hard right now knowing he is gone, it's even easier knowing that we will see him again. I am so SO thankful for eternal families and just knowing that because of that we will be with him again!!!!
I thought I didn't have any pictures of Grandpa with Gracey but I found one we took the day Gracey was born!! This is the most recent picture I have of him!!
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I really loved that Audrey wasn't put off by the oxygen canulla. It was just Grandpa. She is amazing for one so young.
Post a Comment