Thursday, October 13, 2011
Favorite moment of the week
My favorite moment of the week this week was when Audrey wanted to paint my toe nails and finger nails. It was one of the best bonding moments I have had with her. It's so hard to explain the feeling of it. It was so cute because she would sit there and paint my toe nails and just talk to me about random things that were on her mind. There aren't words to describe how close I felt to her. I need to do more things like this with her more often. That moment just made me realize how much I need to make her my number one priority and not the tv, or cleaning, internet, etc. And that I need to be selfless and do things that she wants to do and not things that I want to do or that is more convenient for me. A friend of mine posted a quote on facebook that made me realize how much I need to spend more time with her. She seriously is growing up so fast and I feel like time is slowly slipping away and I don't want it to. It's so crazy to think that I am creating her childhood. The things I am doing now are things she is going to remember and I really want her to look back and remember the fun things we did together. I really do LOVE Audrey so much! I look at her and Gracey and still can't believe that I am so blessed to have them in my life and that they are mine forever!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a great moment for the two of you! I am right there with you on needing to be more focused on my kids, especially Kinsley and teaching her how to do girl things and let her help me with things. From your posts I always think you are really good to let them help you with projects, and you always seem to create projects just for them. I should do more of that. Anyway, glad you had a fun time painting nails!
That was so sweet. I feel the same way about my kids. Sometimes life just gets so busy and it is easier to pick what is easiest. Thanks for the reminder to make the most of the time we have!
Post a Comment