Monday, July 25, 2011

New calling

About a couple months ago I got called to the nursery. I really enjoyed it this time. The lady that I was in there with has been my visiting teaching companion since I moved in and she does an awesome job in nursery. She always had fun crafts for the kids and was so organized that it made it much easier to be in nursery. We had a good routine going. Most of the time we would do the singing time and we had been doing the same lesson a couple weeks in a row so that what we were teaching would sink into the little kids minds. Not only that but there are only 30 lessons in the manuel for the whole year. We would do a visual craft pertaining to the lesson so that they could remember what they learned about. Anyways so it went very well.

Apparently the Lord had other things in mind for me bbecause I got called to be the Beehive advisor in Young Womens yesterday. I was a bit worried because I was the counselor over the Beehives in my last ward and sadly my heart wasn't in it last time. I was going through some emotional/ spiritual issues then and felt I couldn't give it my all. I am in a much better place right now and really am looking forward to it and looking forward to giving it my all and really connecting with the girls this time. In a way I feel like I need to finish what I started last time and finish it well.

3 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

You get a second chance and I'm happy for you. I have no doubt that you are just what those girls need.

Kara and Chant said...

You are going to do great! I am so excited for you!

thepascuas said...

Congrats!!! you will be fantastic!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones