Monday, May 9, 2011

Sunny St. George

We took off to St. George this last weekend. Brandon's friend wanted to go to the motorcross in Vegas and his friends family owns a condo in St. George. So we stayed in St. George and had a good time. Brandon was gone it seemed like 90 percent of the time, but the nice warm weather, swimming, shopping, playing, eating a ton, made up for him being gone I guess. :) Anyways, so it was me and his friends wife and kids that stayed back at the condo to do all of those fun things. They have 4 boys and I am telling you, Audrey is definitely not used to being around that many boys. haha. They teased her a lot and were rough with her like boys do. She was not a fan. lol! It was kind of funny because it reminded me of me when I grew up with my 3 brothers and how they would tease me all the time. It was like I was brought back to when I was little. His friend has a little boy that is just a few months older than Audrey and they got a long really really well at first, it was so cute. I was amazed at how fast she warmed up to them. As soon as we got to the condo that night I got her jammies on and she just went and roamed the condo and played with her little friend. But they also had their not so happy moments too. It was fun though and she had a really good time. Audrey was watching a movie on the drive there. She did really well on the drive down to ST. George and coming home. Gracey stayed awake the whole time while we drove down to ST. George. I didn't give her her afternoon nap in hopes that she would sleep most of the way down, but that totally backfired. Luckily on the way home she and Audrey slept almost the whole way. So I guess that makes up for it. We spent a lot of time at the parks. It was so beautiful and fun for the kids Gracey absolutely loved the swings. She thought it was so fun. Probably the only thing during our trip that she thought was fun. Audrey loves going to the park too. She actually especially loves swinging. She loves to go "way high," as she calls it. Audrey pushing Carson. He needed somebody to push and I was going to do it but then Audrey wanted to. So I let her. They had a fun time. Finally we get to Swim!!!!! After these long cold days we have been having. Audrey LOVES LOVES the water. She really is our little fish. Gracey on the other hand, absolutely hated the water/swimming. It didn't surprise me because she really doesn't like bath time and so I didn't expect her to like swimming especially because the swimming pool was a lot colder than bath water. More swimming at the pool at the condo. This swimming pool was really really cold though. So we didn't do a lot of swimming here. But the kids didn't seem to care. Brandon and Audrey having a good time swimming. Gracey was perfectly content playing right there and not in the water. Sadly that was probably the farthest she was away from me the whole trip because she was not feeling good. Trying to help daddy find some lizards. We found a couple while we were there. Yet again, Gracey just hanging out. Poor little Gracey got sick during our trip though. So she wasn't feeling the greatest and was so clingy. It made it hard to have fun sometimes when I had to hold her all the time because all she wanted to do was cuddle. All in all we thorougly enjoyed the beautiful 90 degree weather and wish we didn't have to come back to rain and 49 degree weather. But we had a good time, I know Brandon had a lot of fun at the motorcross thing with his friend and it was a much needed vacation for him. **Just a side note, we went shopping at their outlet stores and I got the best deals on cardigans for my girls. I got 4 caridgans for $12.00. At Osh Kosh they were having their cardigans on clearance for $1.99 plus an additional 30% off. I would have bought more but the girls were making it difficult for me to shop. At least now they have cardigans for next Winter. :)Anyways, I was pretty excited about that.**

2 comments:

thepascuas said...

Sounds and looks like you had a blast!
I think its cute how she wasnt used to the "boys" .
And a great deal too! 12? really ?. Thats awesome!

Holly Johnson said...

those pics of gracey on the swing are darling. how fun. cute cute


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones