Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hair style

This is the hair style I am thinking about getting. But I don't know for sure. I want to know your opinions first. I may color my hair this color too. http://www.lorealparisusa.com/_us/_en/default.aspx#/?page=top{userdata//d+d//diagnosticmain:subcategory:haircolor_allover_28shampoosmedia:_blanknavoverlay:_blank} Oh and this is the picture on the box. I am thinking that the other picture is more accurate, if it isn't, this is the shade I think would really work.
Just a picture comparison to give you an idea of what it would look like.
Here are my concerns, though: 1. I have never colored/ highlighted my hair before and am a little nervous about it if I do get it done. I also don't think I could keep up on it. Just an added expense. 2. Sadly, I think I am too albino for this hair color. Not sure if it will look good or not because of my skin color. This is a picture of me now. I am hoping I will at least get a little bit more color this summer though. I am also a little concerned that the hair color might be too red for me. Apparently this is what I look like outside at the pool. Holy albino!! haha! Not so great. I think the red would totally make me look even more pale than I look right here. I don't know. What are your thoughts? You can tell me the truth, it really won't hurt my feelings. :) I could even go the other way and go lighter. Or even bag the whole coloring idea and just stay with my natural hair color.

6 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

Is the hair cut the pic on the box with the sweep bang? If so that would look cute. I am shocked that you've never colored/highlighted your hair before. I first highlighted my hair when I was 19 and did it very subtle and then slowly went drastic and became addicted. I had a sister that did it so it made it easy for me to get my hair done whenever I wanted. If you go with highlights you might only want to do partial foil highlights where they do the crown of the head and not everything to see if you like it. It's a little cheaper and you can "test drive" your color so to speak. I only do a partial foil because my hair is so blasted thick and a full foil makes it that much thicker. Just have fun with it...who cares what people think as long as you like it.

Lisa said...

Deb- there is a link before the picture on the blog that has a better view of the hairstyle. But yeah the side swoop bang is what I am thinking. The hair color on the box is different than the picture in the link I posted. Anyways, thanks for the tips.

Larry and Ashley said...

Honestly Lisa whatever you do is going to look good! But I definitely love playing around with my hair and trying new things. I mean if you don't like it...you can color it again or it will grow out! But I think it's worth a try! You aren't doing anything that would be SUPER drastic and totally change your look. You really can get away with anything! I'm excited to see what you decide to do!

Sheena said...

I like dyeing my hair darker in the winter; that way everybody's already pasty and I don't stand out too much. I've never actually had my hair professionally dyed; I just use the level 2 permanent (washes out in 24-28 shampoos). That way you don't have to worry about the expense of keeping up on it.

I've been a fan of dyeing my hair in the past but since I've found a couple of gray hairs I've leaned more towards embracing my natural color. Because I figure I'll be dyeing it out of necessity at some point in the future.

But I don't think you're too pale for a darker brown like that. You could totally rock it.

Holly Johnson said...

coloring hair is lots of fun. and you can always change it back. it's not like you are going to extremes. just darker. i think you should do it. just remember that the camera makes you look paler than you are.

.Chrissy said...

that is exciting!! I am getting my hair cut on Thursday! I am getting at least 4 inches off. and I am considering lightening my hair to a light light brown color. It is kind of scary though so I am not sure about that one yet...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones