Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blessing in disguise

Last week we had a conference call at work just to tell us that they are outsourcing our work and we will be without a job in two weeks... if we decide to work the two weeks. There was a benefit to working the two weeks and that was we get paid more. So obviously I am going to work to the end. Anyways, I was sad when my work told me this. I actually had some tears because being able to stay at home to work has been such a blessing. But at the same time I am actually looking forward to finally spending more time with my girls and Brandon. I honestly was having a hard time last week with Audrey and for a while as you all know. Anyways, a lot of it had to do with the fact that when I had to work during the day that is when she wanted more attention and would get into mischief. So it then turned into me getting mad because I had to stop working just to go stop her from getting into mischief and then we would butt heads and be grumpy towards each other. That was a daily routine. Literally. Deep down I didn't want to be the one to quit my job in hopes that it would help mine and Audrey's relationship. I didn't want to because I knew I wouldn't be able to find another job that was so relaxed and let me split my 4 hours that I worked during the day. It was probably one of the easiest jobs too and I was bringing in money and that made me not want to quit right there. Well, so far and I really hope this doesn't jinx anything by me saying this, but Audrey and I have been getting along a lot better this past week because I have been able to give her the attention she needs. So I think it is a blessing in disguise! It is pretty sad that it took me losing my job to realize that this may be what I needed. Here's to hoping that mine and Audrey's relationship will get better!!! Our relationship is more important to me right now than working my job and bringing in more money. Here is to hoping that Brandon will find an engineering job when he graduates in MAY!!!!!!! I am so proud of that man!!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry for the loss, but good job on seeing the positive.

.Chrissy said...

The money is tempting, especially when things are tight but when it comes down to it more than often it isn't the best thing for our kids. I am so hapopy for you! I am sure it will be so much less stressful for you and you can do more fun things like your Valentine crafts that you were doing with Audrey! I love it Lisa, I hope it will be a really good thing for you! : )

Slater Blog said...

So glad to hear it is all working out for the best Lisa. As fun as it is to have extra cash, it is so important to be #1 for your girls. Not having that job will prove to be a lot less stressful for you for sure!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones