Wednesday, December 1, 2010

6 months

My baby turned 6 months old today and she is growing like a weed! She is now 13.6 pounds which makes her in the 10th percentile for weight. She is now 26 inches long which puts her in the 70th percentile for her height(This was a huge jump since the last time she went to the doctor) The last time she went it was 25 percent. Anyways, she is growing up so fast. I know she will be a year old before I know it. If the first 6 months went by fast the next 6 months will for sure go by fast too. I love my little Gracey girl so much! She is the sweetest little baby!
Some of Gracey's little quirks at 6 months:
*I have officially figured out that she has to have a certain blanket for when she goes to sleep. If she doesn't have her soft blanket she has a hard falling asleep. Not sure that is such a good thing...
*She can hold her own bottle
*I can usually tell when she gets tired because she will start pulling at my hair harder and grabbing my face and other things a lot harder than she usually does. That's not so fun for me!
* She loves to get on her hands and knees and LOVES loves loves it when we praise her for it!
* She absolutely loves to be smothered with kisses and loves to be pampered. She loves having her feet rubbed, she loves when I clean her hands off after she eats. She LOVES it when I clean her ears out (kind of weird, but it makes her so happy).
*When Gracey has had enough of something and starts to get frustrated she will cross her legs and than let go of them pretty hard and will do that over and over again. My sister in law, Chrissy noticed this actually.
*She is a total Momma's girl, but not too much of one. She will still go to others but she usually needs Mommy when she is tired or feeling crappy.
*She can just watch Audrey and starts smiling so big! She loves her big sister so much and vise versa!
*She has decided that she needs to sit and eat dinner like the rest of us. If she doesn't she will get mad. She usually just plays in her bumbo on the table while we eat.
*She loves to give hugs. It's not that she wants to lay on your shoulder because if she is there too long she will get mad. But she just wants a big hug and will go right back to playing.
*She is not a morning person lately.
Anyways, just a heads up, in case anybody is wondering, I am writing all of these things down for me, so that I have them recorded somewhere. This blog is a journal for me and I hope nobody gets offended in any way when I update information like this. And don't worry, I do have my fair share of bad days. I like to blog about the good days/ things because sometimes I dwell on the negative too much and would much rather read something that uplifts and makes me happy! :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones