Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Patch/ Trunk or treat

Okay, so I know going to the pumpkin patch is something everybody does, but this is actually my first time at a pumpkin patch, same with the girls. We went with a bunch of ladies in my ward for playgroup to go to the pumpkin patch. It was pretty chilly the day we went but it was still fun. It was fun to see which pumpkin Audrey wanted. She could have picked out a green pumpkin that didn't stand up very well for all she cared so I kind of guided her to the better ones. I guess I shouldn't really care...but I did. :) We also went to Pioneer park with Hazel and Josh and they were able to paint pumpkins there. They had a good time. When Josh gets around to it, maybe he can send me the pictures. :) Yes, that is a hint Josh!! Audrey's little friend, Sophy! Getting ready to go pick pumpkins! Next, we went to a trunk or treat last night and Audrey really had a good time. She did so good saying "Trick or treat." It was just so sweet and innocent. How could you not want to give candy to that sweet little "who?" There really weren't a lot of people doing the trunk or treat, which is kind of odd. Usually Audrey's basket is filled with candy. I know I shouldn't really care, but she loves candy and she was so excited to go "Trick or treating," and that is why I cared so much. :) Anyways, since we had a long day with sisters conference with Brandon's sisters, Gracey wasn't really having a good day so I didn't get her all dressed up in her little fairy costume. But I did take some the other day to test her costume out. So, I did get some and will have more on Halloween from our ward carnival!!!. I just love her!!! She is the cutest little Cindy Lou Who! I wish the pictures were more clear though. I will have more when Halloween comes closer.
I just want to go wake her up and kiss those cute cheeks. But I won't. I made her little leg warmers. I have known how to make them for the longest time. In fact I bought a bunch of socks last year to make some for Audrey but I never got around to making them, and finally I did for Gracey's costume. They are so easy to make. I added the ruffley look to her shirt....well, I tried anyways. :) I also made Gracey's little wings. It was kind of hard to cut the wire to fit her size, so I had to have Brandon do that part. But after that these were the easiest things to make!

3 comments:

Em said...

Way to be crafty! They look so cute! You're an adorable mom with adorable girls.

Brooke said...

Looks like fun! I love their costumes, great job on the wings! Audrey makes a great Cindy Lou Who for sure!

Debbie Murdock said...

No worries about the pumpkin patch. I did the same thing when I went with Maryn one year. Costumes look cute!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones