Thursday, May 6, 2010

A little scare

So, we had a little scare last night. I was having contractions that started off 5-6 minutes apart for a couple of hours and ended up being 2-3 minutes. So I called the hospital to see what they think I should do and they told me to come in. So, we got there and I was dilated to a 2 and 80 percent effaced. After they monitored me for a while and gave me some pain meds my doctor was able to come in and check me and I was dilated to a 3. But, he wanted to keep monitoring me to see if my contractions would go away and they did....for the most part, so they sent me home. They weren't nearly as frequent and strong as they were earlier in the night/morning, but I am still having contractions a few times an hour. But they said if I reach the point where I am having contractions every 3-5 minutes and last for about 60 seconds and I can't tolerate it than I should come back in. So far that hasn't happened and I hope I don't jinx it by saying it. :) Anyways, I just hope Gracey stays in there a little bit longer. I will keep you all updated though...

7 comments:

thepascuas said...

Oh my! Im glad she decided to stay in the belly . Let us know for more updates :D

Amanda and Chad said...

scary! hang in there & take it easy!

The Jensens said...

I am glad you were able to come home! Little Gracey needs to stay in there a little longer. Let me know if you need anything.

Wendy said...

wow! That is scary! prayers with you and Gracey to make it at least a few more weeks!

Lara said...

Praying for you over here!! Love you and your babies!

Debbie Murdock said...

Take it easy!!!! Gracey has a few more weeks yet. Matt was explaining how babies are like cooking in the oven to Maryn and that babies can't come early because we don't want them doughy and need them fully baked. Thought it was kinda funny.

A Date with Pinterest said...

Thanks for the update! I'll keep you & little gracey in my prayers!!!! If you need anything, let me know! Love ya!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones