Friday, October 9, 2009

Car seat nursing tent

Hi! Okay, so, a friend of my sister's suggested that I try to make the car seat tent so that it can be used as a nursing cover as well. Well......it worked. I found a way to make it work and it really did work. I have not seen this idea anywhere and so I thought maybe I should invent it..well, I did more researching and somebody else already has invented it. Oh well, at least I gave it a try right? It's just that this project worked and I never knew that I could do something I put my mind to and have it actually work out. I am just so happy that I am the original inventor of this tent ( at least the way I made it) and I just wanted to be the one that got credit for doing this, not somebody else. I have looked at many many many blogs on car seat tents and nobody has this idea. It makes me feel good that I am kind of the one that started it. In all fairness, Karen is the one that had the idea, and I was the one that made a way for it to work. So, thank you Karen for the idea. It was a brilliant idea if you ask me. But, I am aware that posting this on my blog, there are going to be people out there who will see this idea and will want to do the same thing and possibly make them and sell them as well. Which, I hope that wouldn't happen. But, yes, I do realize that... maybe somebody else did think of this and I just haven't seen it yet! :) Have you ever had an idea that you came up with that you were so proud of that you wanted to get credit for it? that's how I feel. Maybe I am being too selfish, I don't know. And no, I am not trying to sound nor act conceeded in any way. This project has actually built my confidence, which is something that I have lacked my whole life.....and it makes me really really happy. So, anyways, I am going to sell these as I call them "Car seat nursing tents." I love it because this will save a lot of women from spending a lot of money on both a car seat tent and a nursing cover... which each of them sell between $30-40 each. So, I will be saving all those women out there from spending more than they need to. I am also going to be in a boutique on October 24th selling these and the bows that me and my sister in law Tricia have made. We have actually been making bows since probably January, and I don't think I ever posted our blog address. The blog address is www.expressionbows.blogspot.com. Let me know if any of you are interested in coming to the boutique or interested in these new and improved carseat nursing tents!!!!! There are going to be all kinds of different booths of crafty ideas. Here is a picture of one of the ones I am making. If you are all wondering, this actually is a bit wider than shown in the picture. I just folded it in to make the picture look nice. The straps are adjustable to fit your needs. I did only make it so that you can tie it to the length you need it. I have other ideas on how to make it adjustable, but I will stick with this idea for now. Thanks!!!

9 comments:

A Date with Pinterest said...

Well done girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super cute!!!!

Slater Blog said...

I love how you are finding your creative side as well as boosting your self confidence. You are awesome and doing a great job. Keep up the good work and I bet these will sell so easily.

Karen said...

Great Job Lisa! Unfortunately, I saw this idea from someone else and they sell it for $30 but for $40 they threw in 2 burp cloths.

I have a quote from a great photographer that I did a bit of interning with. You are a better mentor and a better person for showing someone how it is done than to hide it. Karma will come back and give you great luck and the person you mentored has much more respect for you.

Amanda and Chad said...

I am way impressed! That is such a great idea!! You have so much talent. I understand how exciting that is for you, I would be way proud also. I will have to remember this when I have my next baby and buy one from you!

jasperson family said...

Hey Lisa, I would love one of these. I am due tomorrow and would really like a carseat cover. Do you make any boy ones without flowers? Just let me know. You can leave me a message on facebook if you would like or call me. 801-674-7810 thanks so much... also how much are you selling them for?

Debbie Murdock said...

Hey Lisa,

Got your message...my e-mail is deborah.murdock@live.com Had to change it after that whole facebook fiasco.

Karen said...

Hi Lisa! Congrats again! See you should have thought of the car tent sooner and you would be further along. Just Kidding! Anyway, would love to try to support you at the boutique, where and when is it? I will try to stop by.

Lisa Robbins said...

Karen,
Here is the info:
October 24th at 1353 Lexington Dr. (11020 S.) * 9-6pm.

But, I am most likely not going to be going. I have been so sick with this pregnancy. You can still go if you want, but I'm not going to be there. Thanks for your support in all of this!!!

Karen said...

Oh to answer your question about making it adjustable on the nursing cover, two ways. One simple way is velcro and the other way is using a 2 d rings on one end that is shorter and the other side goes through and comes back around. Pretty easy.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones