Friday, March 6, 2009
One month--Matter of fact
I just want to say ahead of time, that I hope I don't offend anybody by reading this post. I just hope in some way Tyler's situation will get through to anyone that is struggling with drug addiction and that they will see what drugs WILL, not could...WILL do to you.
It's crazy to think it's been a month since this whole thing happened to Tyler. But, at the same time it feels like this past month has lasted forever. I know for Tyler, he feels "this is taking forever," according to him. Not only is it hard for him, but it is hard for us. We are all hanging in there. It's really hard for me when he starts crying. He just doesn't understand why he can't do what he did before. He just doesn't get it, and that's what's so frustrating to him, to me, and to all of us. We all know he can do normal daily activities, like walking, talking, writing, etc. Unfortunately, it's just going to take more time than what we expected.
I don't fully understand why he has to go through this, but I know it is to help others as well as himself learn and to grow. Tyler has to go through this to give others a reality check and I hope it will change their lives in some way or another. I really do. The thing that I am frustrated about, is that once they are on drugs, they, in a way, have no control of themselves. The drugs are creating a whole new person. We knew Tyler, the great person he is, and TyG, the name he picked up probably just about when he was introduced to drugs. It's so frustrating that drugs are so readily available to anyone. All they do is destroy relationships, families, and lives. It's unfortunate that good people like Tyler are being lead to do bad things.
I am really sorry, but I hope if any of you know of somebody who is struggling with a drug addiction or something similar that you will tell them about Tyler's story and what it has done to him. All I want is for this to change somebody's life. I hope it can be a "pay it forward," kind of deal, except that each person that is struggling with an addiction can learn from this and be a great example to others, and then they can help somebody else out, and that that person will help one more person out, etc. I know, wishful thinking huh? I guess I can't ask for a perfect world, but we can try to make this world a better place by creating and being a positive influence around those we meet.
My heart just really aches for those who are struggling with what Tyler has struggled with, and is struggling with. It really does. I know that sounds kind of corny, but that is the best way I can describe how I am feeling.
You know, a lot of people have been impressed that we haven't been mad at Tyler for doing drugs in the first place. When you see one of your siblings in the state that Tyler is in, there is nothing else you can do, but love them and support them. Nothing else. When you can see the pain and the trials they are going through, it just kills you inside.
Anyways, as you can probably tell, there isn't much new with Tyler other than the fact that he is doing better in physical therapy. He was able to walk from the gym to his room (with help of course) but he was able stay determined. They have been practicing getting him to walk straight. So, the more he does that the better he will be at walking straighter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I really loved this post, Lisa. I know what you mean about not being mad at Tyler for the drugs in the first place. All you can do is love. It is the only thing that helps. He is mad enough at himself I am sure anyway. He is definately "paying" for his sins . The Lord handles that. We are required to love and forgive. Your family is a wonderful example of that and I am so glad to be a little part of it.
I am so happy that you said everything that you did. No one should take anything that you said offensively. It's true...if you can't learn from this then what can you take from it? I know that Tyler is going to help so many people out once he is out of this. And I can't wait for that day! There is no way that anybody could stay mad at him...no one ever was. All we want is for Tyler to be okay! Hopefully Larry and I will be able to go and see Tyler tomorrow. I worked today so we couldn't go. We can't wait to see him! It's so good to hear that he is walking better I can't wait to see that! Thanks so much for this update I know people will get something from it.
By the way that post is from Ashley haha I'm on my sister in laws blog :)
good job Lis. I hope too that others will be able to learn of his experience. I think it is our duty too, to share it to as many as we can. We might just touch someone that we are not aware of.
Post a Comment