Friday, March 13, 2009
Great day!
Today was such a great day for Tyler. When I first saw him he was kind of out of it and looked really tired. But, we ate lunch, (Jamie got Blimpie for all of us. Thank you Jamie!) Tyler really enjoyed that, but he is a picky person when it comes to eating. He was picking off some of the things on his sandwich. But, he loved it. He loves anything we bring to him. But, while we were eating he was being so cute with Audrey. Audrey was playing next to me and he offered Audrey one of his chips. Apparently when I left the room to go fill Audrey's cup with water, Audrey was crying a little bit, and Tyler brought the chips over and gave her some cheetos. It is just so cute how he interacts with her. Audrey is doing a lot better around Tyler. I think she is finally warming up to him. Oh, one thing, when we were leaving Audrey gave Tyler this like leave me alone look, and Tyler just gave her this look like "oh, don't you give me that look," in a playful way. He interacted with her like he use to. So, that was really awesome to see.
It almost seems like he is trying to carry on a conversation now. Like today, I asked him if there was anything new with him and he said "no," but then right after he said that he asked "is there anything new with you." It was clear as day. Anytime I ask him if there is anything new he never asks me the same question. So, that was awesome to see that he is trying to carry on a conversation. Oh, and he is getting to be sooooooo much more clear when he talks. It is truly amazing what a difference a couple of days makes. I am just at awe right now just talking about it.
We went outside to take Tyler for a stroll, and the sun was bright so Jamie offered Tyler her sunglasses, and Jamie's sunglasses are kind of girly, but Tyler wore them anyway because he didn't care. But, when he put them on Jamie told Tyler that now he will look like her, and he just gave us this little smirk and we all started laughing including Tyler. Jamie has these diamonds on the sides of her sunglasses (That is why I said they are kind of girly) well, I told Tyler that he has some bling bling on his sunglasses and he just thought that was so funny. I also told him that he looked like a stud in those sunglasses(being sarcastic of course) and he picked up on that and gave me a smile. I was pretty much giving him a hard time today and he was being a good sport about it all too!!! It was all so fun!!
Just before we took Tyler outside, he was telling us that he had been there for 3 months or 3 weeks, we couldn't tell which one he was trying to get at. So, we said that he hasn't been there for three months and he just looks at us and starts smiling because we were totally confused and I think he could see it. So, he thought that was funny. He was telling us how long he has been in rehab, and he thought he was in there longer than he has been. I think we are all feeling the same way. But, he seems like he is trying to come to grips with everything. It's almost like he is starting to understand what's going on. He told Jamie that he doesn't remember the last 2 years. The thing about it is, he remembers certain things that happened in the past couple of years, but there are other things that he doesn't remember; like for example his drug problem. He doesn't remember that kind of stuff. So, that, in a way, is a blessing in disguise.
Tyler also did so well in Physical therapy today. I mean, he did AMAZING!!!! I seriously was so impressed by what he could do. They had him kneeling on his hands and knees, and then, they would have him kneel on one knee and try to lift himself up from that point. After two times of practicing that, it was a piece of cake for him. He just knelt down, and got back up. Obviously with help still, but he pretty much did it all on his own. They had him doing pushups today, the girl style because he doesn't have enough strength just yet to do it the normal way. He would just fall on his face if he did it that way. Anyways, so, when he was doing the pushups, he put one hand behind his back and used only one hand to do the pushups. Can you believe that???!!!! It was really funny when he did that. The therapists weren't sure what he was doing at first and then they realized that he was doing that and he got them cracking up. It really was funny.
So, Tyler has this memory book that we sign each day that we are there. We write in it to tell him what we did that day and the funny things he did, or said, etc. It just helps to remind him what he did the day before, just in case he forgot. He reads it all the time, so for those that go and visit him, please write in this book about your day with Tyler. He loves it!!!!! But, Tyler's memory since I saw him last, has improved soooooooo much. I don't know if he will be this way everyday, but today was such a great great day.
I love him, and am so proud of how hard he is working to get better. We put reminders around his bed to let remind him not to get out of bed on his own and to ask for a nurse, and ever since we put those signs up, I don't think he has fallen out of bed. Sometimes he just needs a reminder.
I know this post is so long, but there were so many things I needed to say. I didn't want to leave anything out. So, here are some pictures of our day. Enjoy!!!!!
His manly/harder version of girl pushups!!! :)
This is what I was talking about how they had him on one knee and then he would stand up and than he would bend back down into that position again. He did it over and over again and became a pro at it.
Taking a break!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Even though I didn't know him, I love your updates! I'm glad he's making so much progress and I LOVE the memory book thing. I'm sure it also helps to glance through it and be reminded just how much you guys all care!
great idea of making a different blog for Tyler. I realized that last night when I updated something for him and for Izzy too. Good thinking!
Your updates are so much more clear than mine, you do a great job. I love the pictures too. he really did do awesome yesterday, it was so fun.
Lisa... I'm so glad you have this blog to keep us all posted on Tyler and Audrey of course. I dont know why... but I had tears well up in my eyes just reading how well he is doing. I'm sooo happy he is alive and well. It just touches my heart so much that he is. :-) I love you. I love your family. Thank you so much.-- Ally
Oh my gosh he looked amazing in those pictures!! And I love the idea about the book for him to read about his visits, that is such a good idea. We will make sure to write in it tomorrow! Thanks so much for the update I love hearing about all of that! Oh and I'm so glad you made a blog for him!!
great job on the new blog. I love it!
Post a Comment