Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Update day 6
Tyler didn't really do anything major today. But, he did do a lot of little things. They took the oxygen mask off of him. He is talking a lot more. He says " Hi." He has that word down. It's a piece of cake for him to say that now. He said "hey guys," to Jamie and I. It was muffled but you can still tell that that is what he said. He is trying to lift himself up more. He moves his head up to try to get himself in a sitting position. Holly asked if she could have a kiss and he puckered his lips for her. Holly also opened and closed her mouth and made that popping sound. I hope you know what I am talking about. Anyway, Tyler mimicked her and did what she did. Oh, he also gave Holly a hug. He sat up and moved his arm around to give her a hug. It was the sweetest thing. If he has an answer for us, he will vaguely move his head either up and down or side to side. You have to really pay attention to when he does that though. His kidneys were looking a little worse today so they are probably going to do dialisis tomorrow.
You can just tell that Tyler is wondering what is going on. Why he can't move or talk. He has been getting these confused expressions on his face. It's hard too, because he acts like he is trying to say something to us but he just can't get it out. Oh he also tried to tell my Dad he loved him. My Dad said " I love you Tyler," and after he said that, all Tyler could say was "I." But we knew that he was trying to say "I love you," back.
I am so glad that we get to be a part of this and that we get to see and witness these things that he is doing. I look forward to going to the hospital everyday. We love being there to see his improvements and not only that but this is the longest time we have been together as a family. Ever. All in all he is making little improvements each day. But, to him these are big improvements. So, I retract my statement from earlier..he has done a lot of major things today! He is just progressing faster than anybody anticipated. We are very grateful.
We all love Tyler and he loves all of us too. I know he wishes he could say it, but we know by his actions that he loves and appreciates all of us. Even everybody that has been praying for him. I am sure he is truly grateful for all of the prayers, as are we.
I'm extremely tired now. The nurse said I need to relax and rest. So, that's what I am going to go do!! Thanks for listening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
You are so good to update last night, I was too tired to and just did it a little bit ago. yes, you need to relax. This is all taking it out of all of us and it has been very exhausting. Just don't over do it.
Post a Comment