Sunday, February 8, 2009
My brother Tyler
So, first of all I just want to say that I am a little disappointed that only one person left a comment on my blog on the "Pay it forward," post. I was really looking forward to doing something nice for those three people. I guess Emily just gets an extra special gift! :) I'm really not mad just so you all know!!
I think it is good that not many people left comments because of timing. My brother Tyler has been in the hospital unresponsive for a few days and I have not had time nor the ambition to do anything. Tyler has progressed a lot since Thursday night when this all happened. He can open his eyes but he can't focus on anything, if that makes sense. His EEG Test came back better than we thought. He does have brain activity and some brain damage. We are very hopeful at this point and hope that things continue to get better. But, I also hope he doesn't go back to the life he had before he landed himself in the hospital. I hope he can learn from this. I really do. I can't stand to see my brother in so much emotional and physical pain. All I want and all I have ever wanted was to know that Tyler is happy and to see him come back to the church and get married in the temple and completely change his life around. I hope he is seeing what heaven is like and comes back and remembers a little piece so that he can work hard to get back there. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for Tyler and we have to accept whatever happens to Tyler. We don't know what is best for Tyler, only the Lord knows at this point. We just need to do our part and have faith and trust in the Lord that everything will be okay no matter what. There is a reason Tyler is progressing and we just don't know what it is yet.
It's hard to see him hooked up to so many tubs. It is especially hard to see him in pain. When some of us went to visit Tyler his body would move as if he needed to vomit, but it looked so painful. So painful he scrunched his face like something was hurting and... tears came out. It broke my heart to see him that way and especially to see those tears come out. I wish he could tell us what hurt, as I am sure he wishes he could too. He just can't, and we feel so helpless. I love my brother so much. It's so hard to see him this way. But I am still not losing hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




11 comments:
Lisa, Please know and let your family know Tyler is in my prayers tonight. He will be in them daily until he progresses and no longer needs them. Please give a hug to your sisters for me and know I'm thinking positively for all of you.
I'm so sorry Lisa! Oh, man, that would be so hard. We underappreciate our health, that's for sure. It's so hard to see someone hurt so bad- especially a loved one!
I admit I was going to leave a comment on the last post but before I published it I decided not to- cause I wanted to give someone else the opportunity to get something great. It's such a good idea!
Anyway, back to this post. I love you. I'm sorry you have to go through this and that your brother has to hurt. Many prayers headed your way...
I'm so sorry you are going through this! You sound like you have been comforted though and are as prepared as you can be for whatever happens.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm guessing he is intubated and the pain/vomiting reaction you are seeing might be him fighting the tube, which isn't a bad sign. It might mean that either he is ready to have it out or that he needs more sedation. I don't know if that helps but I knew exactly what you were describing when you said it.
Hang in there and keep us updated!
Dear Lisa,
Tyler and your family are in our prayers continually. What an extraordinarily difficult time as you prepare for one thing and then prepare for a different one and wait upon the Lord to find out His will. It is such a blessing to have such a wonderful family as yours, I know that your combined strength and faith will get you all through this, no matter what the outcome.
Know that we love you and wish we were there to hug you and be with you.
All Our Love,
Mom & Dad Robbins
He is in our prayers, as well as your family. Let me know if there is anything we can do for your family. We love you guys!
I am so sorry lisa, I hope that your brother has a good recovery. If you need anything please let me know. were thinking of you.
I'm thinking of you and praying for your family. So are my kids! (sorry I didn't leave a comment on your last post. I'd already left one on Michelle's & wanted to leave it open for someone else, but I LOVE your creativity!)
Let me know what I can do to help you. Know that you are loved, and Audrey's welcome over anytime!
I'm sorry to hear about your brother, I hope everything works out. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Lisa,
You are an example to us all with your positive attitude and outlook on all of this. We wish you and your family only the best and please let us know if there is anything we can do! We love you guys!
Mike and Wendy
Well said. You really do have a way with words, I guess I will update my blog now with my 2 cents worth.
Oh Lisa!!! My dear! How hard is this! This makes me way sad... I'm sorry you have to go through this.... Love you lots! We will keep you in our prayers!
xoxo
Post a Comment