Thursday, February 19, 2009
It all happened so fast
Okay, so Tyler is out of the hospital and is at a rehab in Roy. Yeah....it happened before we could even think too. Well apparently yesterday, Medicaid called and said that they could get Tyler into a rehab in Roy and that they wanted to discharge him today. Well, we all didn't think he was medically stable to be leaving yet. It just all seemed so fast. So, my parents prayed about it and they felt at peace that this is what they needed to do. It's really hard that he is so far away, but at the same time we are lucky because he could have been relocated to St. George and even out of state. Medicaid wouldn't accept Tyler at any other rehab center that was closer to us. The good news is, the doctors at the hospital were saying they recommend this rehab for Tyler. It's actually a better rehab that works specifically with Tyler's situation.
When Tyler was transferred from the ICU to a normal room yesterday, the nurses weren't keeping close tabs on him. He didn't get the care that he needed. So, with Tyler being at this rehab he will get constant care and even more care than what he got when he was in the ICU. This rehab will help with his medical needs as well as his physical needs. Our biggest worry was the medical side of it. But, they will be taking good care of him.
It's been hard on all of us to all of a sudden find out that Tyler is gone from the hospital and at the rehab. We were so lucky to have Tyler so close to us and that we were able to go visit him as often as we wanted to. There have been a few tears shed from all of us, even Tyler. But, like my parents were saying, we can't be selfish. This isn't about us and what is more convenient for us, you know? This is about him getting the care that he needs. It will get better. Once we get used to the situation we will all adjust to it. It's still difficult, especially to wonder what Tyler is thinking right now. He will miss having family there every day, but, same with us, Tyler will adjust. I just need to keep telling myself that everything will be okay. I have had a rough couple of days with all that has happened, and if I just keep telling myself that everything will be okay...it will. So, just so you all know, as much as I would love to take on the fact that I am optomistic, I don't think I am. Well, to a point. But, we all have our ups and downs.
I don't know if I will be updating my blog as often now that we won't be seeing Tyler everyday. But, don't give up on checking it, just in case I do!!!!
** Don't forget to read the post below this one! ;)**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That's great that he is well enough to be out of the ICU but I'm sorry he didn't get the same care. It's really hard to go from and ICU where the nurse has 1-2 patients to a medical floor where a nurse has 4-8 patients. They try their best but it is just so hard to keep up.
I'm glad to hear that he is in rehab but sorry you have to go farther to see him!
I've sure enjoyed your updates and pictures!
that was well said again, what have I said about you being a writer? You just have a knack for it. Your descriptions about how you feel and such are great.
This is going to be tough on us for a long long time. Hopefully we will adjust. We just have to have FAITH that Heavenly Father is helping him through this whole thing. And, thank goodness he didn't have to go out of state. I don't think I could handle that, I don't think he could have either.
Wow, that was fast moving out of the hospital. That's too bad the closest rehab is in Roy, do you know why?
I'm sure that's really hard to have him so far away.
I just have to say Lisa, your love for your brother and your family is amazing. When you could be angry that he put himself in this situation, all you show is love. It's inspiring.
Post a Comment