Thursday, February 19, 2009
2 weeks
So, they moved Tyler out of the ICU and into a normal room yesterday. So, now little kids and babies can go see Tyler. So, I took Audrey to see Tyler yesterday and Tyler's reaction was priceless. I brought my camera and video camera so that I could video tape his reaction, but I didn't even have enough time to set my stuff down in the room, before Tyler reacted. I was so bumbed. Not only that but my battery on my video camera died on me. So, we still got a couple pictures of Tyler being cute with Audrey. There are some pictures where Audrey isn't in it, but he was communicating with her.
But, let me explain Tyler's reaction. As soon as we walk into his room, he looks over at us, gets the biggest smile on his face, holds his arms out, and says "Audrey". He seriously could not stop smiling for awhile after that. He loved having her there. Tyler wanted to hold Audrey, but she still has a little bit of a cold and so I didn't want her to transfer anything to him. It would have been the best picture having him hold her. Maybe next week we will get a shot of that..if Audrey cooperates!
Oh, I have to tell you something funny Tyler said yesterday. I was telling Tyler where bangerter was. You can see it from his new room now. So, he kind of sits up, looks out the window and says "Bangerter is over there?" He was just shocked that that was bangerter. I think he just wasn't sure which hospital he was in, and so he was just shocked when he found out that was bangerter. The way he said it was so clear and so funny.
Okay, one more story to end this post with. So, when we were hanging out in Tyler's room, Tyler was babbling on about something, and than just as soon as Tyler stopped, Audrey was babbling about something, like she was responding to him.It seriously sounded like they were having a conversation. It was so sweet. So, with that being said, below are some pictures from our day yesterday.
Tyler chatting with Audrey.
Blowing her kisses. He can actually put his hand to his mouth and blow the kiss, but it was hard to get the shot at the right time.
Having a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I love the pic with audrey, so cute! And I love ALL the stories, especially the one where the two of them were having a conversation :)
I'm glad that he is doing better! In such a short amount of time!
That last pic was very good! I am so glads to see him looking better all the time!
thank you for taking those pics. it was really hard for me not to go and see him that day. Had I known he was being transferred so quick, I think I would have made more or an effort once the sick kids were in bed.
They are good pictures huh?
Jamie- I can understand what you mean. If I would have known, I would have stayed with him longer that night.
It's amazing what children can do to brighten someone's moood and to help them heal. You're such a wonderful sister and he will forever be thankful for your support!
Post a Comment