Sunday, January 11, 2009

VALENTINES DAY!!

Okay, so, for those of you who don't know, I am a complete succor when it comes to Valentines decor. I LOVE Valentines Day. I don't think I can emphasize that enough. Valentines Day is my favorite holiday because of the cutest decorations they have out there. Pretty soon, I will be able to decorate my house with Valentines stuff like I did with Christmas stuff. Some of you might think this is really weird, but hey we all have our little quirks right?! So, in addition to this, I found a really cute blog that offers free backgrounds and they have the cutest backgrounds I have seen thus far. That is where I got my adorable Valentines background from. Just click on the upper left hand corner of my blog where it says "Knotty Moose," and you will be able to see for yourself the cute backgrounds she has. Also, I went to Roberts the other day to see what kind of Valentines stuff they had. I wanted to get a red tree to decorate it for Valentines Day. Well, they were having their Christmas stuff 70-80 percent off. So, I decided to look to see if they had any more red little Christmas trees left..and they did. They cost me $2. I was just browsing at the rest of their Christmas items just to make sure there wasn't anything else I might need/want for next years Christmas decorations. Well, I saw some ball ornaments that I really really loved. They are red, black, and silver. They are normally $15.00 for 12 of them. Well, I got them for $3.75. So, I spent $7.50 on 24 ornaments when it would cost me around $32.00 including tax. :) I was so happy about that purchase. Here are just a few pictures of my decor. I don't have a lot now, but I am sure it will accrue over the years. :) Last, but certainly not least, a picture of Audrey by my little Valentine tree. ( I realized after posted the pictures that I really need to fluff my tree. ) Imagine this tree like this...but fluffed :) Keep in mind, that a lot of these decorations aren't finished all the way. There are still a couple of things I would do to finish them up a little. Since, I just posted some pictures of Audrey a couple of days ago, I feel really bad for not letting everybody see it long enough, just in case you haven't checked my blog for a while. So, look below at the previous post for more pictures of Audrey!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

WAY TO GO!!! I bow to your superior shoping, you won! The Valentine Decorations are so cute too. You'll have to post more when you have got the other ones done too.

Love,
Mom

Wendy said...

Lisa,
I love Valentines too! Although I am a slacker and haven't put up my decorations yet :( Love your blog background gonna have to check out the site!

Slater Blog said...

OK, I am your sister and I didn't realize you were so into V-Day. So sorry I didn't know this about you.
I can't believe your shopping abilities. I've always known you to be a bargain shopper, but you outdid yourself this time! Great job!

Brooke said...

Very cute decorations, I just can't get into decorating after getting all the Christmas stuff put away.
I wondered if you could tell me if there is a better way to get ahold of I think it is your sister, Holly, I saw her blog from yours and would love to have her take some pictures of our little ones. I left a comment on her blog with my e-mail address and stuff but haven't heard from her. If she isn't interested or is just busy, that is fine, I just wasn't sure if she would even see the comment. Thanks.

Brandon and Krystyn said...

Lisa, your decorations are so cute! I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and they had some adorable Valentines decorations that I'm sure you would love. If you wait a couple weeks, they'll probably go on sale. They always rotate all their merchandise to 50% off. Anyway, happy valentines decorating!! Post more pics!!

Debbie Murdock said...

I really like your Valentine tree...awesome idea and the wood blocks. There is a another store that my friend told me about you might like if you're into blocks and vinyl lettering. It's call the wood connection. It has a lot of crafty ideas stuff.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones