Tuesday, December 9, 2008

One of those days...or period of time

So, for the past couple of weeks I have not been motivated to do anything. I don't know what my deal is. I am at a standstill right now. It's not good. I feel a little overwhelmed, but I have nothing to be overwhelmed over. Really, I don't. I also just feel so exhausted and I do nothing to make me feel that way. So, I don't know what my problem is. The other problem is, I want to get back into things and get motivated again, but at the same time I don't want to. It's really hard to make that first step in getting into the groove of things again. If I could, I would probably stay home all day everyday doing nothing but taking care of Audrey. Okay, maybe 6 days, I am sure I would go a little stir crazy staying home everyday of the week. So anyway, I had a Relief Society meeting tonight and was looking at my president and realized that I admire all that she does. Seriously, she has three young kids, a husband, a huge calling that she takes on a lot of and takes a lot of her time, not only that, but she is still willing to help others. She will find time to help those in need and it is amazing. For real though, if only you all knew how much she did. So, anyways, if you find that I am finding excuses to not go anywhere, this is why. I just want to take the easy way out do nothing but take care of Audrey. But I know that isn't logical, so I will deal with it :) Because, really, there are a lot of people out there who work really really really hard, and they still deal with it.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Lisa,
It's ok to feel the way you do sometimes. Being a mother is hard work! And I am sure you do a lot more than you think you do! As Charlotte would say "chin up"! hang in there things will get better. Plus it is always easy to feel that way when it is cold and yucky outside.... who wants to go out in that!

Slater Blog said...

I feel that way all the time. It might just be the weather, or it could be that....you are pregnant!! Are you? Just kidding.

Seriously though, you have a lot of energy, you will find it again soon.

Rhonda said...

I understand completely!! Just take the time for yourself and your family. No one will be angry with you for that. Enjoy your little girl while she's still little... Enjoy YOURSELF. Don't feel guilty for doing the things you want to do... Or for not doing other things. Make your decisions and have no regrets. :)

Debbie Murdock said...

I'm sooo behind in posts...Alison is pretty amazing and she does a lot more than what she lets on. I understand how you feel though...it took me years to find my groove as a stay at home mom after being important for so many years in business settings. At work you get praise more often and at home...well you don't get it enough. But you can't feel bad about wanting the best for your daughter.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones