Monday, November 10, 2008

We are a happy family...well, some of us.

So, first of all, I just want to say that, since Audrey has been able to crawl she has been able to entertain herself so much better. In fact, if I leave the room now, she doesn't even cry anymore. I can put her down on the floor to go get some chores done and she is perfectly content. She's happy... Brandon for sure is happy... (especially that I am getting things done around the house), I am happy, for the same reasons Brandon is. So...we are a happy family these days! But then, there are situations with a couple of my brothers, for example, that cause me to be so sad. But as sad as it is to see them make poor decisions, and as sad as it is to know that they have not learned from their mistakes and have to serve time for what they have done...just makes me realize that I can't dwell on the mistakes that they have made, but rather dwell on what they can become inside and out. I need to be grateful for what I have and just have faith that someday "Our," family can be together forever. As much as we want to protect them from evil, they are going to have to learn for themselves what they need to do to fight those temptations, and be happy again. But, I know that if I keep praying for them, that someday, whether it be in this life or the next, they will return with honor and Satan will no longer have control of their lives, and most importantly ...they will be happy again.

4 comments:

Lara said...

You have such amazing perspective! Definatley a gift. Glad you're sharing it with us!!

Slater Blog said...

Very well said. We will be a happy family someday, like you said whether it is this life or the next, we will all be ok.

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

That was so well said. I am glad you posted your thoughts, I think it will bring strength to a lot of people.

Debbie Murdock said...

It's so hard to watch family keep making decisions that hurt them and the ones they love around them. Prayer is very powerful and we've seen evidence in our own family that it does work. Nobody's family is perfect that's for sure but someday your brother's will be thankful for your example.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones