Tuesday, October 28, 2008

REMEMBERING POKEY

WARNING: This post is long, just hang in there! So, we all knew that Pokey was near the end of her days. She was 15 1/2 years old and lived a good life. She just gradually had gotten worse as each day passed. Poor Pokes was just suffering so much, stopped eating, lost control of her bladder, couldn't walk much and couldn't even get a sound out when she meowed. We knew it was only a matter of time before she was gone, so we tried to keep her as comfortable as possible. We had an appointment to put her down today, and as we were just leaving in the car to take her to the vet, she was gone. I can't even explain how much I am missing her right now. I have been crying non stop since she passed. (I am not trying to get sympathy for it, I just wanted to let you know my emotions for Pokey.) I never for the life of me would have thought I would be so attached to Pokey. (To those of you who don't know, Pokey is my in-laws cat, but they left to serve as mission presidents in Ohio and asked Brandon and I to watch over Pokey while they were gone. That is why I said, I never thought I would be so attached to her. ) I loved her but didn't think it would be this hard to see her go. I mean, it's not like it was just a sudden thing, we knew it would happen. I think it is just hard for me because I wasn't going to go into the vet and watch her go. I was going to have Brandon do that part because it would have been too hard on me, and to see her go right in front of us, being so scared in the car, had to be worse than putting her down. I am just so glad she is not suffering anymore. I feel like I need to go into the bathroom to re-situate her pillow to make her more comfortable... but she isn't there. She was the perfect cat, and I know I could never replace her. Anyways, I am very sorry this post is depressing. I just needed to vent some more and get it all out. Below are some pictures of Pokey that we had taken over the time we had her. She looked so good in these pictures. Pokey absolutely loved Audrey's bouncer. Pokey, the protector.

7 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

I'm so sorry...pets are like members of the family so it's not ridiculous to be attached or being sad. I cried when my cat passed away and she was old. Hopefully the rest of the week will look up for you.

Wendy said...

She was so cute Lisa. I am so sorry for you hang in there.

Jamilla said...

I am glad that you found my blog.
Your little girl is cute.
Ali is my bro. how does your hubby know Jeff?

The Brueckner's said...

so cute i love the cat with little Audrey

Slater Blog said...

I never thought either that you would get so attached to a cat, that just doesn't sound like anyone in our family. in any sense, you grew to love that cat and it is always hard to see little creatures go. You hang in there though. You guys going to get another one?

Wendy said...

Hey Lisa,
Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! Woohoo for you! Hugs!

Rhonda said...

I'm sorry for your loss! I cried when I read this post... I'm such a baby (shh, don't tell), but I know how hard it is when you lose a pet. They're like family. The pictures are adorable though!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones