Monday, September 22, 2008
I HAVE GREAT NEWS......
I have been getting Audrey to take a sippy cup the past day and a half and even though it was extremely hard, I did not give in....and she is finally drinking from a sippy cup and not from me!!!!!!!Hooray. It has been a long hard battle getting her to take a sippy cup or bottle or anything besides me for that matter, and the day has finally come. I got my way this time, now I am the one in control! I do have to say that I am proud of myself. This was a huge huge accomplishment for me especially because I enjoyed nursing Audrey and it has been hard giving that up. There are two---well more than two reasons why I loved nursing Audrey, but I will not say the others, (I don't want to embarrass anybody(wink wink)). Number one, it helped me lose weight faster. Number two...I just felt this closeness with her when I nursed her. It was a special bond between me and her.
Other news:
Audrey will be 9 months on the 28th. I can't believe it! Audrey has been at a standstill as far as crawling goes. She still just gets up on her hands and knees but that is it. I know it will be a matter of time though, because she really wants to get up and move around. But, She sits up from laying down and has done this for a couple of weeks now. She is getting better at it.... too good sometimes. I will lay her down for a nap and she sits back up and can't quite figure out how to get back down to sleep :) But, I know she uses that tactic to real me in...and it works, unfortunately. Hmm..that should be the other way around....I should be the one who is in control. Well..... just so you know, I may not be in control as far as that goes, but I AM in control as far as feeding her goes!
Hmmm....let's see what else.....oh yeah, she has been doing a lot better at grabbing her little puffs with her thumb and index finger. She is super good at that now, and can now figure out how to open her hand to put them in her mouth. A couple of weeks ago she would get it in her hand but couldn't quite figure out how to get it in her mouth. She would always keep her hand closed trying to fit her whole hand in her mouth trying to get that puff in...yes, that was pretty funny to watch. But, it is even more exciting to see her do it the right way. It is fun to see her learn. I love just sitting there watching her learn how things work. It is so amazing.
She is also starting to make new sounds. It is cute!
So, with all of that being said, here are some cute pictures of Audrey that Holly took.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Lisa, you are so funny!! I think your personality really shines through, it is great! I love those new pictures of Audrey, they are beautiful.
Post a Comment