Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shopping

Audrey came shopping with me one day and wanted to try on the shoes at the store we went to. The sparkly silver ones were her favorite. Too bad they are like 10 sizes too big and she is like 15 years too young to be wearing them:) But there were a pair of laced heels that were on clearance and was debating on whether or not I should get them; until Audrey tried them on and I was sold. They looked especially cute when Audrey tried them on. I love that she was my model to help me make decisions!

 I did also find a pair of colored skinny jeans that I liked. They are kind of crazy and have a little shimmer to them. All I can say is...if you want people to stare at you, wear these pants! Oh my gosh. I felt so awkward when so many people were staring at me and my outfit  and when I had a dude whistle at me yesterday. I have never felt so...um...paniky inside. Weird I know.  I didn't know if it was because it was a crazy outfit or what. But I was feeling super self conscience in them before and after that. I tried to be confident with it but I failed. Hopefully I will "own," them and not be so worried about it the next time I wear them. I just really do not like to be the center of attention. But at the same time I do like it when I get complimented. It really helps my self esteem! It's a complicated matter, really. :)

Oh and one more thing....can I just tell you how much I love Audrey? I am so fortunate to have her as my daughter! She has been an amazing girl lately. So helpful, sweet, forgiving, listens really good, etc. She's the best!





















5 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

Love the outfit and really lovin' the shoes! Helloooo...he whistled because you're gorgeous...just own it because when you get older you will miss the attention. I've always loved your style I just wish I could pull off skinny jeans.

Katie said...

You go girl! Wear those pants, cute shoes too.

Lisa said...

Thanks girls! :) You know how to make a girl feel good!! :) It's just still something I usually wouldn't wear but I decided to brave it and buy them anyways.

Larry and Ashley said...

I LOVE YOUR OUTFIT!! So so cute!

Hazel Patricia Robbins said...

I think you look gorgeous!!!! Those pants are perfect for you and those shoes are gorgeous!!! No need to feel self concious, you look great!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones