Monday, September 24, 2012

2 and potty trained

So, last week I tried to potty train Gracey because she was way interested in it and so we figured we would train her. I did not want to train her until Winter time when we didn't have as many things going on. Well, she did awesome the first couple of days. She stayed dry during the night, during the day, etc. Then after that, for some reason she just was super scared of going potty and would hold it in until she could not hold it in any longer. There was one night she needed to go so bad, but she did not go at all until like 9 or 10 the next morning because she was too scared to go. So that is when I decided she was not ready. It made me super sad to see that she held it in that long and was just in so much pain. We were all stressed out over this and that is another reason we decided to stop.

So, a week goes by and last night she randomly said she needed to go pee. So I was like, okay, well we will see. I didn't think anything of it because of how it went last week. Well, she went pee and has gone pee and poop in the potty since then. She now knows the feeling of when she needs to go and is able to control it a bit more this time instead of rushing her to the bathroom so that she doesn't have an accident. She is able to hold it in in time for her to go in the potty. She is not scared of the potty at all anymore either. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed but I will dub her potty trained!!!!! I am going to wait a couple more days to see how it goes. So hopefully I didn't jinx it. She is still wearing her diapers because right now it's a comfort thing for her and I am not going to force her to wear panties. I know that might not sound smart, but for her situation it really is. If I force her or show too much excitement she will not go pee in the potty. I learned that from last time. And in all fairness she has kept her diapers dry.

Crazy huh?!





3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

That is awesome! Way to go Gracey!

Katie said...

Yay! My little guy was potty trained at 2 as well, it's so nice. If she's comfy in diapers then it's okay to keep it that way til she's ready.

Brooke said...

Yay for being potty trained! That is always a good feeling.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones