Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pretend play: Gymnastics teacher

Haha...oh man. I am already laughing and I have not even written anything down yet.

So Audrey was pretending to be the gymnastics teacher today and had me do some warm ups with her. First off, it was so funny watching Audrey pretend to be the teacher and telling me how to do it. Second, I was a horrible student. Haha! Seriously though. Audrey had me do a somersalt (the way she does it in gymnastics) and oh man, I did not have enough strength to lift my body up. She thought it was quite funny and started laughing at me! I guess I looked pretty silly trying to do a somersault. Then she had me put my legs out in front of me and touch my toes and kiss my legs (that's how they teach her to do it in gymnastics). Sounds easy right? Nope...was not easy at all. I could not get my dang torso to stretch far enough down to kiss my legs. :) The best part about it was that Audrey came over and said "here let me help push you down." So she did. She helped push my back down far enough for me to kiss my legs. I am pretty sure she would be a really great teacher/trainer. Not kidding.

My very favorite part of our stretching/workout was when she told me I needed to do a backbend. I told her that I couldn't do it. She immediately said to me, "Yes you can, you can try." That's the motto they use in gymnastics "I can do it, I can try. I can do hard things." or something to that effect. So then she said to me "Come here, I will spot you." Then she tried to help me do a backbend. Gosh that girl had me rolling tonight!!

I am definitely grateful for all of the laughs we had today! It made up for some of the harder moments we had today and some of the "I feel so guilty today with how I reacted to some of the things the girls did, kind of day." Luckily tomorrow is a new day and I can start fresh.




1 comment:

.Chrissy said...

I totally think she would be a great teacher!!! I love how she has been taught to believe in herself and to try!! What great confidence she will have!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones