Thursday, July 26, 2012

Green smoothies

One of the only ways I can get Gracey to eat her veggies is by making a green smoothie. She does get bored of the same flavors so I do have to mix it up a bit. But it's so worth it if she drinks it. Because then at least I know she is getting some nutrition in her!

2 comments:

The Kimmer Kollection said...

Whats the recipe

Lisa said...

Kim~you just use spinach and then anything you want to put in it. I used spinach, green apple, strawberry, banana, and peanut butter in one of them...I know you would not like that one. But I added spinach, strawberry, banana, kiwi, and cinnamon, a little bit of sugar and milk to the other one I made....and that one was yummy!Best one I have made yet.

Some people will use spinach, carrots, strawberries, flax seeds, almond milk, etc. I hear you can't taste the carrots in it too. I am going to experiment with a smoothie with carrots to see how it tastes.

Really you can put anything in it, but the main ingredient is spinach. But the best part is you can't taste the spinach, just the texture of it really, and you can't really taste any of the other ingredients that don't have a strong flavor to them.
I was going to try to put avocado in one of them with spinach strawberries and bananas and cinnamon to see if you could taste that flavor, but my avocados are not ripe yet. I am just trying any kind of healthy fruit and veggie that I can put in this so that the girls will drink it without knowing they are eating their veggies! :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones