Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Valentines Day!

We had a fun but busy Valentines day today! It was all fun but I do have to say that I might be happy it's over only so that I can rest!!! Don't get me wrong though, I loved everything I did during this Valentines Day holiday.

I started our Valentines festivities off with a Valentine for Brandon and Audrey each day starting on the first of February. Check out my craft blog, it will show you what I have done. :) Then I got to spend a whole day with Brandon on Saturday without kids! It was nice to be able to get out and have some fun! Then, in between those times I was able to do fun little Valentine crafts with the girls and a fun Valentine party with my Beehives and some fun Valentine baking!!

I decided to start a new tradition on Valentines day, and that is to deliver a Valentines treat to somebody who might not love Valentines day, or somebody who doesn't have a love in their life, somebody who is single, or somebody who is having a rough day. I just want to be able to make them feel special. I chose to do one of the Young Women in my ward. I know how hard it is sometimes for teenagers when they feel like they don't have anybody that loves them (boyfriend) on Valentines Day. So, I thought maybe that would brighten up one of the girls' day!

I did also decide this year that I want to spend the actual day of Valentines with my little family. Afterall, Valentines is the day of love and spending it with those you love.

As for today, we started the day off with Audrey waking up to her little Valentines she got from Brandon and I. I love how excited and appreciative she can be! I then took Audrey to school where she had her Valentine party. While she was at school Livy and I made some cupcakes then when we picked Audrey up, I had the girls decorate the mini cupcakes that Audrey was going to give to her neighborhood friends as valentines. After that, Audrey experienced her first "old school," way of delivering Valentines and leaving them on the porch, ringing the door bell and then hiding. She LOVED that part! She thought it was so fun! I love that she is willing to have fun with me!



















We then went to visit her friends, Mckenna, Mason and Colin to deliver their Valentines. We went to a few other places to deliver the cupcakes as well. After that, we came home, I gave Gracey a nap, and Audrey and I worked on making some hearts for Daddy. After all of that, we went to a couple more houses to drop off cupcakes and then came home and got dinner all ready. It has been a great day but I was so glad to be able to rest!

Our yummy Valentine cupcakes





Audrey's Valentines from her friends at school!



I thought it would be a fun surprise to have Brandon come home to love notes everywhere throughout the house as well as finding money in random spots! Who wouldn't want to come home to that?!



I made these ribs from a pinterest recipe I have wanted to try for awhile now, and oh man! These are delicious!!!! Who knew that cooking them in a crockpot and then broiling them would make them look and taste DELISH!!!! They fell right off the bone too! So good!


Audrey's Valentines marshmallow pops for her friends at school!




I hope you all had a great Valentines Day!

4 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

Lisa, you have so many fun ideas!! the love note idea for your husband all over the house? love it! i really hope i remember to do that next year. and the marshmellow treats, great idea!

Katie said...

Such fun! I love how much you get into it all.

.Chrissy said...

I love that you chose to brighten someone's day that might not have been very happy on Valentines!
I just love you Lisa! You are so great!!

Em said...

You are so cute. I love all your ideas and your love for the holiday!!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones