First off, I may be venting a little bit in this post. Just wanted to give you all a heads up before you start reading the rest.
This really is a great season. I really do love the giving part of this season but for some reason I am having a hard time with it this year. I really cannot get in the mood to give. I really don't know what my deal is. It's actually really bugging me. It's not that I don't want to because I really do and always have wanted to give, but I am just not feeling it this year. Hmm...maybe listening to Christmas music early and putting my Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving kind of didn't help with that. Maybe I started it all too soon. I don't know, I am just trying to make sense of it and am making up any excuse I can! :)
Anyways, I have less than two weeks left and I am not even close to being done with my shopping. I am not even in the mood to wrap presents, which is very odd, because I usually LOVE to wrap presents. Oh well, hopefully things will start changing. I just find it kind of odd. I did listen to some Manheim steamroller and that got me a little bit more in the mood for this Christmas season. I usually never feel this way around Christmas time, so I am just quite shocked that I am feeling this way. I am not sure what has changed.
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
For our FHE last night the lesson was based on a talk President Monson gave in 1995. Check it out. It's titled Christmas Gifts, Christmas Blessings. If you can't access it let me know and I'll send the article to you.
http://lds.org/ensign/1995/12/christmas-gifts-christmas-blessings?lang=eng&query=christmas+(name%3a%22Thomas+S.+Monson%22)
its called we are all older and it isn't the same. i have felt that way too. but it is even harder when your kids are older. I hear you
I've felt the same way too this year. A lot of my issues have stemmed from the fact that I'm 1100 miles from all my family and this will be the first year we've ever been apart. That, and the fact that I don't have any children...that always makes it hard to get real excited...
I really don't know what my deal is. I am usually not like this. Kirsten- I think that would make it hard for me too, being so far away from family. I am sorry you are feeling this way too. Hopefully we will all start to feel better once it gets closer to Christmas.
I think it is all too commercialized anymore and it is hard to get into the spirit. It just doesn't seem or feel like it should be Christmas time again already. And before you know it, it will be all over. Sorry you aren't feeling into it. I think the older you get, the faster time flies and things just aren't the same as they were when we were younger.
Post a Comment