Saturday, September 17, 2011

All about Gracey!!

It has been a very long time since I made a special post about Gracey girl. I can't believe I have waited this long. It makes me kind of sad.

Gracey is at such a fun age right now. She is still so innocent and sweet and funny and smart. I wish this time, in a way, could last forever. She really is such a happy sweet girl. I love her slobbery kisses and her litlte sense of humor. Because it's been a while since I posted about Gracey, this blog post is going to be long. So, you really don't have to read it all. I am just writing it all down so that I don't forget it all! Just skip down to the end to see some cute pictures!

*Gracey LOVES LOVES to tease/ joke around. She is our little jokster and is always making us laugh!

*When she falls and gets hurt or especially bonks her head, she will usually just rub her head and wimper a little and then move on her merry way. She is one tough little baby.

*If she knows she is getting into trouble, she will give the saddest expression. She will open her mouth like an "O," and give you those puppy dog eyes and just wants to pout for a minute. It's so hard to be upset at her when she does that. It's very hard to be upset at her in general. She is just so sweet.

*If Gracey feels like she is in trouble or feels threatened she will just scream at the person she is threatened by. Usually at other kids her age that are trying to take away or even get close to a toy she has or is playing with. We are working on this with her. :) I think her sister takes too many of her toys away from her, that she now feels like that is what everybody's intentions are.

*Gracey's favorite game she likes to play is giving us kisses. We tell her to go give each other a kiss and she will head over there smiling and pretend like she is going to give you a kiss and then at the last second will turn around and run off smiling/ giggling. She loves to do that and loves to tease us!

*She can totally understand when I ask her to go do something. The big thing right now is if there is garbage that she finds on the floor I will ask her to go throw it away in the garbage, and 98 percent of the time she heads over to where the garbage is in the kitchen and throws it away. She does this with other things as well. I asked her to go find a toy in her room and she went to her room and found a toy. She is very good with following instructions!

* She can understand me when I ask her if she is done eating or if she needs a hug from Daddy or if she needs a nap. I will ask her these things and she will usually shake her head "yes," or "no." The big thing is, when she is taking a bath and when it's almost time to get out, I ask her if she is ready to get out and she nods her head yes or no. It's so nice that she does this. It makes it easier for us and for her, to communicate back and forth. She loves bath time by the way. I am pretty sure she makes huge messes when she eats so that she can get a bath afterwards! haha!

* She can say ball which is "ba," to her. She can say: Mom, Dad, Muh (Which is more), papa, Thank you (But her own version). She is actually really good at saying Thank you. It's the one word she uses the most. She loves to say "ticka, ticka ticka," for tickle tickle tickle. She loves to tickle us and loves to be tickled back. She just loves attention!

*She is our little social baby. She loves when we have people over. Loves when she has friends her age come over.

*Gracey also wants to be doing what Audrey is doing...even when Audrey is hanging out with her friends, she wants to hang out and do what they are doing most of the time too. She loves to be involved and really just loves friends.

*She is still such a Momma's girl. It's still so hard to leave her with babysitters because she cries for a little bit. Or if she knows I am leaving she will grasp onto my neck so tight.

*Lately before she goes to bed she always reaches for Audrey or will make the kissing noise "Mmmm," wanting to give Audrey a kiss before she sleeps. She has done this just this week and always needs a love and a kiss from Audrey or she will be really sad. It's so cute that Audrey is more than willing to give her a hug and a kiss. I think it makes Audrey feel special too. It really is the sweetest moment!

*Oh man I can't forget this one either. Sometimes when we are in the car, Audrey and Gracey will be holding hands. It's one of the sweetest moments too! When Gracey gets in the car she usually needs or wants one of us to hold her hand or rub her head. It's kind of funny. She is a touchy feely type of person already!

*I am pretty sure Gracey is addicted to candy, sugar, etc. She is so much like me it's not even funny. I usually have to hide all of the snacks so that Gracey doesn't see them.

*Gracey has been off of the bottle for a couple of months now. She kind of weaned herself off of it. She saw Audrey's sippy cups on the floor and decided to try it one day and did really well drinking out of it. So we slowly just weaned her off.

* She loves books, even though her attention span is like 2 seconds when it comes to reading. She still loves them!

*Oh gosh, I can't believe I almost forgot this one. Little miss Gevie LOVES shoes. She is always coming over to me to have me put a shoe on, whether it be my shoe, Audrey's shoe, Brandon's shoe or her shoe. It doesn't matter what shoe it is as long as she gets to wear it.

*She also LOVES wearing necklaces right now. LOVES it. I know what I will be getting her for Christmas!

*She loves to pretend that she is eating/making food.

*She loves it when we laugh at her when she does something funny.

*If either Brandon or I have been gone and we come home, oh man, Gracey gets soooooooooo excited to see us. She literally screams and can't contain her excitement and hurrys over to us. It's the best welcome home ever!!! It just makes you feel special!

*Last but not least, doesn't she look the cutest with little piggies? Between her and Audrey, they look so cute with piggies! Audrey's were just as cute at Gracey's age.



1 comment:

.Chrissy said...

She is such a cute little girl! I really think she is funny too!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones