Thursday, July 21, 2011

Audrey's creativity

Audrey is amazing. She has such a creative little mind. I was making a project the other day and I was asking her what her ideas were on this said project, and oh man did I get an ear full of ideas. Lol! She was seriously in heaven helping me "figuring out," what we could do. I was so amazed at some of the cute little ideas she had and for her using her imagination on what she thought would look great. In fact, she had a hard time going to bed that night because she was too busy helping me "figuring out," more ideas.

Also, I was trying to take apart the letter frames I bought at Hobby Lobby and I needed something flatter than what I had. My tools were sitting there on the floor and my thought was to use a flat head screw driver. So I decided I would put Audrey's brain to work (Since she was already in that mode) and told her that I needed something flat to open up the back of the frame with and asked if she could help me come up with an idea. So she says "Okay," extatically (sp?), and looks around looking for what she thinks might work. And she saw it, without any help from me, the flat head screw driver and said something like "This is flat, try this." BRILLIANT!!!!!! I was speechless for a minute because I could not believe that she came up with that idea. Also, as some of you have noticed, she is extremely observant! Extremely observant! She remembers so many things, what it looked like, what it was doing, etc.

She really was so happy helping me take apart the DVD stand that I was taking apart. She was using her mind trying to put the screws back in to fix it too. Brandon has said that he thinks she will be an engineer and he is not far off. I have figured out that when I have her give me her ideas or when I have her help me out with a project or something, she is so much better behaved. That's a huge thing, especially with how hard she has been to handle lately. I just need to remember to keep doing things like this to keep her mind learning. She is just one that needs/ wants to be learning all the time. That's such a great thing!


PS. Don't forget to read the post below this one about Audrey's first purchase! It's worth reading!

2 comments:

BensonFam said...

I LOVE this post - what a cute little smarty pants you have!

Slater Blog said...

ecstatic I believe is how you spell that. She is so intelligent just like her mommy and daddy! Love it!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones