Thursday, February 24, 2011

Humbling experience

I have been following this blog http://michelleagnew.blogspot.com the past few months if not longer. Maggie is my friends Niece. Audrey has looked at this blog a few times with me and is so concerned for little Maggie. Audrey doesn't know her but talks about and prays for her often. This little girl has had a big impact on my life, Audrey's life and I am sure many others and we don't even know her. I want to share something very personal about Audrey's prayer for Maggie. We were sitting down to eat dinner the other night and it was Audrey's turn to say the prayer. She starts her prayer and you know thanks Heavenly Father for her day and asks him to bless the food and she started to end it, but didn't say "amen." So we urged her to say Amen. But she quietly asks me, "What is her name again Mommy?" I immediately knew that Audrey was talking about Maggie. She responds, "yeah." Continues her prayer and asks Heavenly Father to bless Maggie that she will start to feel better." then she ends her prayer..... I know that Audrey was guided by the spirit to pray for Maggie. The fact that she didn't end her prayer and sat there for a minute and had that feeling that she needed to pray for Maggie was such a humbling experience for all of us, probably more for Brandon and I. I don't know Maggie, Audrey doesn't know Maggie, but please keep her in your prayers. Especially right now. She and her family need all the prayers they can get right now. I am in awe at how strong her family is with this whole thing. I have read other blogs lately where people have it so so hard. It makes me cry for them. But I have noticed in all the blogs I have read, the family is so strong. I really believe that the Lord knows what we can handle and gives us that comfort during those difficult times. I know when Tyler passed away it was so difficult for all of us to see and know that he wasn't going to live long. So hard. Still is. But at the same time we felt that comfort that everything will be okay and this is not the end. It's very hard to look at the big picture in situations like this. Sometimes it's easy to play the victim and ask why this had to happen to me. It's so hard not to feel that way. There will still always be that heartache. But to understand that death is part of life and to know that we will see our family members again is so comforting.

3 comments:

thepascuas said...

That is beautiful. I love this story thanks for sharing.
What Audrey did is really inspired. But also inspired by amazing parents to recognize those feelings, and teaching her about the gospel.
You guys are awesome, we often think of you.
♥ the pascuas

Michelle said...

Children certainly have a special way to invite the spitit into our daily lives. I looked at Maggie's family blog and my heart goes out to this family and their children struggling with these trails. Thank you for sharing your story about Audrey and Maggie's story too.

Slater Blog said...

What a great post Lisa, and how special little Audrey is. She is so in tune with the spirit, its amazing to hear. It will be fun to see what she will be like when she is older. Such an old spirit in such a young body.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones