Sunday, February 27, 2011

Angel Maggie

It may not be my place to say anything but because I shared with you the experience of Audrey's prayer of Maggie I thought I should let you know that little Maggie passed away last night. I have followed their blog for several months now and it just feels like I have lost a family member. I know that may seem strange. But I think it's especially hard for me because of a few reasons. One, she was around Audrey's age and I can't imagine how hard it would be to lose your little child. Second, Audrey loved Maggie. She loved looking at her pictures and most of all she loved praying for her. She on many occassions has just stopped what she is doing and tells me she needs to pray for Maggie. So I stop and join her in on the prayer. Third, hearing that they had to put Maggie on the morphine to help with the pain and that she finally was able to fall asleep and was at peace when she died just brings back so many hard memories of when Tyler passed away. I cried this morning when I had to tell Audrey that Maggie passed away. It's hard for a 3 year old to understand that. She seems to think that Maggie has a boyfriend right now. I will just let her pretend for awhile. I don't want to make her too sad about it. I did tell Audrey that Maggie isn't sick anymore and that made her happy. The first thing that popped out of her mouth was, "Oh.... Maggie can play with her friends now...!" Oh and the first song that is on my blog "Jar of hearts," Audrey seems to think it's Maggie's song. It was on the radio today when we were headed to church and Audrey told us it was Maggie's song. Here is why I think she thinks this; because everytime we looked at Maggie's blog we went through my friends blog to get to it and so everytime her blog was up that song just happened to be playing. I love her! It's been an emotional day today, but if you could, please continue to pray for the Agnew family. Now is the time that they especially need prayers. Thank you!

4 comments:

thepascuas said...

Im really sad to hear this. But we all know that she is in a better place . I read the blog with ur last post. What a cute little girl.

Michelle said...

I was touched to read the words that Audrey had said in her prayer. Not to make her better or to take away the sickness but simply I hope Maggie feels better soon. When I read that and then Maggies blog I felt in my heart that Maggie would be going to heaven soon. Prayers for Maggies family. Loosing a child is something I can not pretend to comprehend. I had my life touched the same way by a sweet little girl who was in the room next to us when Samantha had her surgery. A heart baby also. I followed her blog and still do. She is an angel now too but my life has been changed changed because of that little girl and the f aith and love her family shared with all of us. Her name was Gracie by the way...just wanted to share. Put on a smile and dance and giggle with your little girls. {{hugs}}

Amanda and Chad said...

i was so sad to hear this! when you wrote about Audrey's sweet prayer, i went to Maggie's blog and read all about her. my heart sunk when i read that she had passed. what a great teaching opportunity for you & Audrey though!

Alicia said...

One of the things I like best about Audrey is her real concern for others and also that she follows the spirit when she feels like she needed to pray for Maggie, she didn't hesitate. She is one amazing girl!
Love you all,
~Mom


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones