Friday, January 28, 2011
Patience
It is probably a good thing we most likely are only having two kids. I have lost any and all patience I thought I had in me. It is definitely not easy being a parent to a Toddler! I know it's just the age and everybody goes through it and that does make me feel a little better, but it's still really hard. I am grumpy all the time because of it. I don't like how you feel like your kids sometimes bring out the worst in you. I really don't like saying that. I HATE turning into mean mommy around Audrey.
Thanks for letting me vent a little bit. I am pretty sure I will probably have a much better day tomorrow or week next week and will look back at this post and wonder why I even posted this but sometimes you just need to release that frustration.
I just feel like a failure and that I am doing everything wrong and handling everything wrong as a mother. I worry that Audrey and I will not have a good relationship growing up and I worry that she will rebel especially if we don't have a good relationship. I do need to focus on the positive and figure out what I can do to help our relationship and help Audrey be better instead of worrying about what I am doing wrong and how she will turn out. I learned this tip on Good things Utah today. So, that is what I will try to do, but it will be really hard.
Anyways, thanks for listening! And if you have any advice to give me I would love to hear it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I use to worry that my kids memories of me, would be me yelling at them all the time. However, like you said, it is just a phase. I don't yell near as much as I use to, but I am sure eac child will go through a phase were mean mommy will have to come around afain :) Hang in there! I know you are a good mom, esoecially because you are so worried about it!
if you aren't a mean mommy you aren't a good mommy. All kids will rebel to some degree. Its a bit early to worry about that. there is no such thing as a perfect parent. we all just do the best we can the best way we know how, and we will make mistakes along the way. Just love them.
i wish i knew the answer to this one! we have our moments here too. i don't get it, because one week paislee will do so awesome and we will get along just fine, but then the next she has turned into a little monster :)
i'm just glad to know i'm not the only one!
I worried a lot about my relationship with Maryn. She is a very head strong girl and I was a head strong Mommy so we were constantly at war. I'm thankful that she is older and are just starting to form our relationship. There is always time. Now Macey is going through the toddler years and it scares me but I know I at least survived one I can do it again and again. The only thing that has kept me sane is forcing myself to laugh even when it seems impossible and taking such a proactive approach. My nephew (he's older) taught me such a valuable lesson. I used to yell constantly at my kids because face it...it's easier. With his son he'll get up show him how to do something the right way or if his kid gets out of bed instead of breathing threatenings or asking a million times which we did with Maryn he gets up and puts his son back to bed and teaches him. Hello...why didn't I think of that?!?! It is SOOOO hard sometimes but I keep having to remind myself of that conversation I had with my nephew and be the proactive mommy not the wishing my kids would listen mommy. I can be so selfish sometimes. I still have a LONG way to go but hang in there it's so worth it when they come up to you when they're older and they say that you're their best friend.
Post a Comment