Thursday, May 20, 2010

Audrey humor

Okay, so little miss Audrey has been such a funny little girl lately. Well, she is always funny, but she has been extra funny the last couple of days. Here are some of her funny stories: So, Audrey got a game in one of her happy meals and it came with a paper dice. Well I was dropping her off at my Mom's so that I could go to my doctor appointment and when I went to pull her out of the car she had ripped her dice in half. So, my response was "Oh no it broke." Audrey replied back with so much excitement and the biggest smile on her face and says "Two of them..." She thought it was so great that she now had two dice and not one. All I could do was laugh and smother her with kisses. What a funny little girl. Way to be optomistic! Another story: Each week we usually go to Brandon's Grandpa's for dinner with the whole family and it use to be on Fridays but we have changed it. Well, while we were eating our dinner tonight Audrey was telling me about how we are going to have dinner at Grandpa's and I told her that we will be going over there tomorrow for dinner and she replies back with a questionable look and says "Friday?" Can I just say that I love this girl! She is so smart! I am just amazed that she remembered we did dinner with Grandpa on Fridays. It's just funny that she was very specific about what day of the week dinner at Grandpa's was. Going over to Grandpa's is seriously the highlight of her week. She LOVES it! Yet again, another funny story: Okay so Audrey really does like to sit on the potty but she never actually goes to the bathroom. Well, she wanted to go potty today and at first I told her maybe later because she never ever goes, but she insisted. So I told her she can go potty but that she needed to actually go pee in the potty. Well I really did not think she would do it. So, after a minute or so she comes running down stairs butt naked practically jumping up and down and well practically screaming with excitement, and tells me "Mommy I went pee in potty." I didn't really believe it at first because whenever she sits on the potty she thinks she actually went. Well, she was more excited this time and so I decided I would go look and sure enough she went pee in the potty. I soooo wish I could have gotten her reaction on video. It was thee cutest thing ever. She was just so happy and so excited. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to see her that way. It just makes us so happy when she realizes that she has accomplished something. I seriously can't even describe to you how happy that little girl was and how happy it made me!! I LOVE to see her happy. Man, have I said that I LOVE to see her be happy?! :) hehe. She has been such a good girl for me lately. I have been trying to take a different approach on the way I handle certain things with her. I sometimes forget that she likes to do things on her own time and it really frustrates me sometimes, especially when I am in a hurry.If I try to hurry her up she is a lot slower and most of the time will not do what I say. I have learned that if I make a game out of everything she will usually hurry faster and will listen better. I try to make getting dressed, getting her shoes on, etc, more fun so that she will be more willing to do those things. Not only that but I have learned that she is going to lolligag and I just need to deal with it. She is a little kid and they have no sense of time right now and that is just how it is. Life is great! We love you so much Audrey!!

4 comments:

thepascuas said...

aw she is so cute! i love these stories :D

Amanda and Chad said...

she is so sweet! that is so cute how excited she got over the potty... love it. we have been having to make everything a game with Paislee too. well, basically we have to make it a "race". she is very competitive, so we are constantly saying "let's see who can get thier pjs on the fastest" "who can walk out to the car the fastest", etc. it gets annoying, but as soon as we make a race out of it she is on fire! funny.

.Chrissy said...

BEST Audrey stories ever! I lo e it!!!

Slater Blog said...

so cute, I love all the cute stories. she really is so adorable. Way to think outside the box and come up with games to hurry her along. Being a parent takes a lot of creativity. :)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones