Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Terrible two's, potty training, finding an apartment, Irritability, mourning the loss of a loved one, yardwork, packing, getting everything ready for new baby, coming to the realization that I am having another baby, planning a shower, making time to play with Audrey and making time for Brandon, housework, work. Stressing out because the house is not as scratch free, stain free as it was when Brandon's parent's left and how can I fix all of that? Worrying about family members. Am I a good enough mother, wife, friend????
Yes, sounds a bit depressing and yes...I am feeling a little overwhelmed lately. *Sigh*
I will be fine though. I have been having a hard time with everything that is going on in my life right now. From, my brother Tylers passing, (coming up on one year), and knowing that the only people that will truly understand what it is like to lose a loved one are those that have gone through the same thing or who were there to witness the miracle he was and saw the things he went through before he died. Otherwise you feel like you are being a baby about it when you cry because you miss him or you cry when you hear a song that reminds you of him or see something that reminds you of him. I feel like there are people out there who think that I need to get over it and move on with my life---which I have, but it is always going to be so hard.
It's between that and having the hardest time deciding on an apartment and trying to find the best deal on one, to worrying about my family members, to deciding what to do about this whole potty training thing with Audrey, among many other things that have been overwhelming me lately. I feel like people are thinking I am really stupid for not potty training her before the baby comes, but I just feel so overwhelmed right now and I have a lot going on that I feel like I don't have enough time to dedicate to her and potty training her. . I know it will get worse after the baby comes, but I also worry that when the baby does come that she will just go downhill with the potty training thing. I just hear that happens a lot with little kids. Some people just don't understand how hard it is to potty train. It's especially hard because Audrey likes to do things on her own time. But, we are slowly getting her back to actually sitting on the potty. So, that's a start I guess.Some people are lucky and their children will just potty train real easy and they won't have a problem. I am just feeling pressured to potty train her before the baby comes and it is stressing me out. I also don't want to discourage all of you soon to be Mom's out there or Mom's who haven't gone through this yet. I know it will get easier and every child is different.
I always told myself when Audrey was a baby that I would never get mad and lose my temper with her. Well, so much for that promise to myself. I try so hard each and every day to be so patient with her, I really really do, but when she does not listen AT ALL, after the 10th time (literally) of asking her nicely and she still doesn't listen, then it gets a bit frustrating. I know this is normal, but it's so hard. It's sad when you watch your daugther get so angry knowing that she learned that anger from you. All I can do is try to be better and more patient each day. That's all I can do right now. I know I am not the greatest mom out there, but all I can do is try to be better and more patient. I feel like I don't want to try because sometimes I feel like it won't help because the damage has already been done. But, I am going to try a little bit harder to be a little bit better.
Last but not least, I just want to say that I really love Brandon! He is such a great husband and helps me out so much and is so patient with me. Thanks Brandon!
Anyways, thanks for listening.... I am sorry, but sometimes I feel better when I can write about my thoughts and get advice from people.
Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
I think you are fabulous, and there are so many things you listed that I can imagine how stressed out you are. Be kind to yourself and just keep going and don't worry about what others think. You're just fine. Smile. ;)
Love you lots,
Mom
I vowed that I would NEVER have 2 kids in diapers at the same time....and here I am with 3 :) I have tried and tried with Ashlyn but I think she is going to have to decide that she wants to do it one day.
I think every Mom feels inadequate and wishes they had enough "quality" time for everyone everyday (including ourselves.) I keep telling myself, If I can get through these next few years it is going to get easier. I don't know if that is true or not, but at least the kids will not need my attention every minute of the day.
Hang in there! Once the pregnancy is over and you have your new baby, and it will all be worth it!
Oh Lisa. I'm sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed and I am sorry if I caused any of it. Don't stress too much about Audrey. She is only 2, and when she is ready to train she will let you know. It's ok to get her use to the idea but don't give yourself an ulcer over it. Every child is different and learn at different times of when to potty train. It will be ok to have 2 kids in diapers, I dealt with that for a long time. Most parents do, really. I think they say girls really start understanding around 3 years old, so don't worry. She will come around. It might be better to just try after you have moved and are comfortable with your new home as well as a new schedule with the baby. Too much going on may distract Audrey and it will make it harder for you. Just wait for a little while, but like I said just keep the idea in her head.
I know how you are feeling about the mourning thing. It was this time last year that things really started going down hill. As soon as he got his feeding tube I knew it might not get better. This is a super hard time, I know. Try to think of the positive memories with him though and that may help.
You are a wonderful mother, wife and sister. I love you so much and am so grateful to have you as my sister. I truly am.
I hope whereever it is you move to, we will be closer.
You have to remember to take one thing and one day at a time. And thinking that "the damage has been done" is furthest from the truth. I was sure that I ruined Maryn and it's amazing when you try and just love them how much a difference it makes even though if the past is a little scary to think of...for me anyway :) If you only knew the stories. On the potty training thing...I failed at that because my daughter is so head strong and in all serious I'm in the same boat as you...I have my other half pressuring me to start potty training before the baby comes. I have nightmares of what I went through with Maryn and there is NO WAY that I'm even attempting it. Maryn wasn't potty trained until 3 1/2 because the kid was on her time table and the moment she decided she never had an accident but we hated each other for years because of the potty training task. I won't make that same mistake with my second. In the last 2 months I've lost 2 loved ones. I know it's hard and sometimes the void is never filled back completely. Remember that you do have gospel in your life. How sweet it is to know that we will see our loved ones again. That's what gives me hope. Give yourself time. And don't beat yourself up. Hang in there!
Hang in there Lisa- You are such an amazing woman! I don't have much advice, but I'm here for ya!
Hugs!!!
Love Becky
Definitely wait on the potty training, if she isn't wanting to do it, it isn't worth pushing her and it and then having her go back and have lots of accidents when the baby comes. Let life settle down after the baby gets here and when you are feeling able to devote some time to it.
I'm so sorry about your grief, I can't imagine going through what your family has gone through. It doesn't matter what people think, your feelings are your feelings and you don't have to explain them.
I can SO relate to being overwhelmed, and I feel the same way that other people probably think I am whining and that most of the things aren't that big of a deal. I know that all the pressure is self imposed, but I stress out because I care, and the things are important to me.
I hope you feel better soon, thanks for being brave enough to post about your feelings!
Thanks everybody!!! I think I just needed some words of encouragement. Thanks again!! :)
First thing, she definitely did not learn anger from you! That is just something that all people have and it is something we have to learn how to control, she is just going through that learning stage, so don't beat yourself up about that!! really!!! also it does not matter what anyone else thinks about potty training. you and Brandon are the only ones who knows what is best for your family. remember you tried and Audrey wasn't ready...you will know when the time is right again to try!! I love you very much! I wish things were a little less stressful for you right now, but I know it will get better! Love you lots!
Post a Comment