Sunday, April 26, 2009

New perspective

I posted this on Tyler's blog too. I have recently been given a new perspective on pain and suffering. Here I complain about having a headache here and there, having a hang nail that is more annoying than anything, having a back ache, complaining about stiff muscles from working out. I complain about these little pains, and it honestly is nothing compared to what some people have to go through and have gone through. Seeing the pain that Tyler has been going through just made me realize that my pains are NOTHING compared to what he is going through . I know I need to appreciate my good health a little bit more and just remember that there are worse people out there who would give anything for my pains rather than theirs. I feel so sorry for those people who have to suffer so much. It just saddens me. I wish we could all be pain free, physically, emotionally and spiritually. But, sometimes we have to go through hard times to learn and grow. Sometimes we need to see and hear about hard situations to build our faith, among many other things. This life is not easy, but knowing that life is better on the other side, makes me want to live this life to the fullest and be the best that I can be so that I can move onto a better life and see those loved ones who have passed on again, and be away from all evil. I love you Tyler, and hope that you will be comfortable through this difficult time. I love you, you have been such a great brother to me. I will see you soon.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

This made me cry! If we never experienced the pain, would we ever really experience the joy? Just something else to consider when you're feeling down. If nothing else, pain means you're alive. You'll all get through this. Hang in there!

Brandon and Krystyn said...

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. But the Lord has truly considered us all by providing a way for us to see one another again! I'm so grateful for the gospel! It brings hope during a time that is so difficult! Your family is in my prayers:)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones