Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Longest day of my life

So, today has been a really long day because Audrey has an eye infection in both eyes, a sore throat, a bit of a fever, and no appetite. What timing huh? We should be lucky the infection hit both eyes at the same time instead of at different times. But poor little Audrey has had a rough day and I couldn't do a whole lot for her. I gave her medicine, I gave her eye drops, She didn't want to drink or eat, I tried cuddling with her, I changed her diaper, I tried to play with her, but nothing worked for her today. On top of all of this, I have not been feeling good today either. As soon as I would go lay down to rest or take a nap, Audrey would wake up. It's hard to be a Mom when you get sick. Anyways, she was just so miserable and it has been so hard watching her be this way. I wish I could do more, but I have done everything I could think of. The only thing that makes her happy is getting baths. So, I have been giving her a couple of baths a day. She is also so extremely tired, but I think she is hurting too much to be able to fall asleep. So, hopefully she sleeps through the night tonight. Anyways, here is a picture of our poor little baby.It makes me so sad because there is nothing I can do to make it go away instantly. I wish I had that power, but, don't we all.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

OOOOOOOOOOh! What a sad little face. Wish I was there to help. Love,
Mom

Slater Blog said...

Oh, that poor thing. She looks like I feel after a huge allergy attack like I get occasionally. She must be so miserable. Hope it will all clear up for her birthday. Good luck with it all, and like I told you before - I don't think moms should have to get sick because they have to take care of everyone else. It's not fair that moms get sick too. Hang in there sister!

A Date with Pinterest said...

Oh honey!!! That picture makes me soooo sad!! If you need anything let me know!! xoxo

Alison said...

That's awful! I'm so sorry. It's the worst when you feel you can't fix it. I hope she's doing better now!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones