So for those of you who don't know what decoupaging is, here is the definition:
de·cou·page also dé·cou·page(dk-päzh)n.
1. The technique of decorating a surface with cutouts, as of paper.
I attempted to explain it, but the dictionary had a simpler way of describing it.
Anyways, this is what I have been working on. Now, I am a beginner and barely learned how to do this decoupaging stuff and what do I do?... I decide to do the most difficult technique of decoupaging. But, at least I got the hard part down, now the rest of decoupaging will come easy to me...hopefully! :) If anybody has worked with, or has any tips for me on decoupaging, please let me know. I would really appreciate it.
Now, they say that when working with glass you need to put a thin layer of glue on the glass first and then put a thin even layer of glue on the picture and stick it to the glass and press down on it evenly so that the glue will dry evenly. Well, I did this and I have pressed and pressed and pressed but when the glue dries it is still foggy. So, like I said, if you have any tips for me please let me know.
Reminder: This is an unfinished product and I have not done all of the touch ups yet. But, if you see something that I might not have done just let me know.
Thanks!
Lisa, Your plate is adorable!!! It looks great in the picture. Was it the picture that wouldn't stay down? If so it could be because it is thicker paper so it's memory is better and it wants to curl forward. From the picture though, it is darling. Love,Mom
Mom- Yeah, it was the picture that would curl up. I didn't have a problem with the actual paper itself. I also didn't end up putting a layer of glue on the glass before, it just didn't work for me. I just put it on the photo instead. The photo really isn't stuck on there all that well, I just stuck the other background paper on top of it to keep that picture from falling off :)
Jamie- I saw it on the Hobby Lobby website once and wanted to make one, and so I looked on the internet on how to do it and I also asked Brandon's Mom. It's so easy and fun to do!
Lisa, It looks great in the photo. With decoupaging, did you use ModgePodge glue or something else? I've never had it fog up if I used modge podge glue or ultraseal. You need to put the layer of glue on the glass and on the photo so it holds down the photo for a better seal. BTW, I'm Jamie's friend, Karen. I didn't know you had a little girl! Congrats!
Hey Karen, how's it going? I actually used the decoupage glue that they sell. I will definitely try the modge podge glue. Thank you so much for that tip. I am definitely going to try that. I will let you know when it works. :) Yeah, Audrey is 10 months old now. Thank you!
"Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite."
In Loving Memory
Tyler Brent Gearhart (Bodie) Tyler Brent Gearhart, age 23, was called home Thursday, April 30, 2009 in Ogden, Utah. He was born February 17, 1986 to R. Michael and Lou Ann Turville Gearhart in Salt Lake City, Utah. He fought a courageous battle with drug addiction. Tyler had a loving personality and was loved by all who knew him. He had a contagious smile and a wonderful laugh. His quick whit and sense of humor captured everyone's love. Tyler loved his family, friends and his two dogs. He especially loved family gatherings. He was a very respectful young man, always saying please and thank you. He was always a very caring person by putting others first. Tyler graduated from Copper Hills High School in 2004. He loved all sports, especially football, basketball and snowboarding. Tyler was a true fan of the Oakland Raiders. Tyler is survived by his parents and three brothers and three sisters. Corey, Holly (Troy) Johnson, Jamie (Gene) Slater, Michael, Shawn and Lisa (Brandon) Robbins. He has nine nieces and nephews and a very special friend Tehra Dunn. Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at 11:00 a.m. at the Mountain Shadows 4th Ward Chapel, 8136 Old Bingham Hwy. West Jordan, Utah. A viewing will be held prior to services from 10:00 to 10:45 a.m. and Monday, May 4, 2009 at Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. Interment will be at the West Jordan City Cemetery. A special thanks to the West Jordan, Utah Paramedics, Jordan Valley Medical Center, Heritage Park Care Center, and McKay Dee Hospital. Online condolences at www.larkincares.com
Still falling in love!!
Brandon
My good looking, hardworking, brilliant, quick whitted, funny, easy going, ambitious, well rounded man! Love him!
Me
I love my family!! I am so lucky to be married to Brandon. I am a stay at home Mom to Audrey and Gracey and grateful that I can be. I am especially thankful for all of Brandon's hard work to make that possible.
Little Miss Audrey
My stubborn, independent, helpful, tender hearted, hilarious, sensitive, caring, sweet and sassy little girl! I could go on and on!
About Audrey
Audrey was born at 4 pounds 14 ounces. She was just a little one. She might be small but she is a really strong girl. Audrey is a bit stubborn these days. She still likes to do things her way and when it is more convenient for her. She is very independent. We can't force her to do anything because than she won't do it. She is ready when she is ready and that is how it has always been since before she was born. She was born 3 weeks early, but came when she was ready. If she keeps this up, life is going to be hard for us (Brandon and I) when she gets older, it already is and she is only 3. :) We love her so much and would not change her for anything and are so glad she is a part of our family. We can't imagine life without little Miss. She has definitely kept us on our toes!
Gracey girl
My sweet, determined, ambitious, easy going, loveable and happy baby!
About Gracey
Oh , our sweet sweet Gracey. I call her Sweet girl because she really is so sweet. She was born a couple of weeks early but gave us a scare at 34 weeks when I started having consistent contractions and was dilated to a 3. Luckily she decided to wait a bit longer. When she decided to come she didn't wait long. I was in labor for 5 hours, almost 3 of which were at home. She made it so easy for me and oddly enough that is what kind of a baby she is. She is easy going and happy and smiles so much!! I love her so much!!!
Sisters by heart!!
This is just a piece of how much Audrey loves her sister. It goes both ways too!
Daddy and Audrey
Audrey is a definite Daddy's girl..always has been! She might love me occasionally too! :)
6 comments:
Lisa, Your plate is adorable!!! It looks great in the picture. Was it the picture that wouldn't stay down? If so it could be because it is thicker paper so it's memory is better and it wants to curl forward. From the picture though, it is darling.
Love,Mom
Wow, it looks good. I can't say I have ever heard of decoupaging, but it looks like you did a good job. where did you learn how to do this?
Mom- Yeah, it was the picture that would curl up. I didn't have a problem with the actual paper itself. I also didn't end up putting a layer of glue on the glass before, it just didn't work for me. I just put it on the photo instead. The photo really isn't stuck on there all that well, I just stuck the other background paper on top of it to keep that picture from falling off :)
Jamie- I saw it on the Hobby Lobby website once and wanted to make one, and so I looked on the internet on how to do it and I also asked Brandon's Mom. It's so easy and fun to do!
Lisa, It looks great in the photo. With decoupaging, did you use ModgePodge glue or something else? I've never had it fog up if I used modge podge glue or ultraseal. You need to put the layer of glue on the glass and on the photo so it holds down the photo for a better seal.
BTW, I'm Jamie's friend, Karen. I didn't know you had a little girl! Congrats!
Hey Karen, how's it going? I actually used the decoupage glue that they sell. I will definitely try the modge podge glue. Thank you so much for that tip. I am definitely going to try that. I will let you know when it works. :) Yeah, Audrey is 10 months old now. Thank you!
Just gorgeous! I love the colors you chose.
Post a Comment